Last fish for the year

Rock&Beach

Hi Fishraider family hope that you have all had a great Xmas and had a few moments to relax and wet a line. 

After spending a few days around the house i was going a little stir crazy so decided to get the family and one of my son's mates and head over to Palm Beach for a fish . The tides were looking good at 7pm so arrived around 4.30 to see everyone dissappear for the day. The wind was slightly out of the NW.

Had some pillies squid and some yakkas that i bought at the fish shop. The yakkas were pretty fresh considering. 

Baited up the paternoster with a ganged pillie and a small amount of yakka and placed just at the back of the breakers. Was in no more than two minutes and was getting bites. The kids pulled it in and it was a small flattie. Spent the next hour trying to keep the bait up to the rods that were in the water and get more rods in. Just one bite after the other between flatties dart and small rays. Nothing worth keeping but everyone including the wife caught fish so a good day out. 

Just as the SSE started up the line that had the whole yakkas on it took a hit. The young fella grabbed the rod and wound it in to see a good sized flounder. At least we caught one keeper. The SSE also made it a little chilly for the kids so stayed until just on 8 and then went home. 

Would have liked to stick around to cast and troll some unwaited pillies into the breakers as it looked good for tailor. Somedays you just need to know when to go home. ...

Have a great 2018 everyone and keep the reports coming. 

Cheers R&B

• Like 2