local bream

rickmarlin62

wandered down to the local jetty next to bridge..flicked sps for flatties for an hour for nil ..switched to manic crabs and drifted them next to the pylons...bream 3  rick 0...got sick of losing traces and sps so hung my head in shame and scuffed my feet all the way to the car..oh well  hit the water got some sun an fresh air and learnt some more humility from the local bream.....rick

55 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

wandered down to the local jetty next to bridge..flicked sps for flatties for an hour for nil ..switched to manic crabs and drifted them next to the pylons...bream 3  rick 0...got sick of losing traces and sps so hung my head in shame and scuffed my feet all the way to the car..oh well  hit the water got some sun an fresh air and learnt some more humility from the local bream.....rick

Better than I’ve done, Rick. All I’ve managed is to test some lures in my swimming pool... I’m used to the neighbour’s comments now! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

hey yowie..bit obtrusive on 6lb braid..haha  ..the little manic crabs  work well but not on heavy trace....oysters and mono don't work well...maybe dirvin sent some of his jacks down here lol..rick

had a run in with old red satan the other arvo fortunately the treble straightened  

20 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

hey yowie..bit obtrusive on 6lb braid..haha  ..the little manic crabs  work well but not on heavy trace....oysters and mono don't work well...maybe dirvin sent some of his jacks down here lol..rick

Bream on 6lb mono amongst structure is not easy, have been dusted many times myself, even with heavier line. Bream are dirty fighters around rocks and pilons.

On ‎2‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:19 PM, rickmarlin62 said:

hey dave  they do have a habit of collecting jewelery don't they..rick

just bought a new rod and reel loaded it up with 20lb braid.... old "red satan" may be in trouble