record blue marlin

rickmarlin62

first genuine igfa legal thousand pd blue in Australian waters...1089 lbs  on 60kg line  ..pending record claims on 60kg and all tackle...caught during tournament....all legitimate capture apparently with lots of video of capture to come from anglers missus...cant wait to see it...im chuffed for them  I lost one at boatside in 2008 gold coast blue marlin classic estimated 450 kg plus..it broke the wire in the hook set and snapped a 14/0 hook in half..it was tagged but escaped while the boys were trying to get the gaffs out...rookie crew mistake..i had it at the boat in twenty mins on 60kg and it was a tad green...congrats to eddy lawler hes a great skipper and marlin fisho...rick

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

could happen ..ive seen a 20/25kg little black chasing frigates along blacksmiths breakwall..50mtrs from channel entrance...got a black and a stripe inside 500mtrs from front of moon island at the heads..i just doubt a blue at the [heads]...rick

Pictures don’t lie, do they? ?

D3E8BB95-BA89-4EF2-92D2-C0A102A9E91B.jpeg

9BD108D7-2530-4A3B-8B25-03425FC5A313.jpeg

I might be a bit of a sceptic but it looks a bit fake..ive never seen one swimming round with half its head out of the water...to me it looks like a mount floated in the water..just cant see any definition in dorsal..normally in a live fish you can see the rays in the fin showing...rick

24 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

I might be a bit of a sceptic but it looks a bit fake..ive never seen one swimming round with half its head out of the water...to me it looks like a mount floated in the water..just cant see any definition in dorsal..normally in a live fish you can see the rays in the fin showing...rick

A person just told me it is a true shot :ninja:

On 1/4/2018 at 9:26 PM, rickmarlin62 said:

at Swansea hds or out from Swansea hds...big difference..saying that we got one 400 mtrs out from bird island...there has been a few marlin on the middle and southern canyons in the last two weeks..that would be my guess..rick

Hi Rick,

Swansea Heads mate. The pic on facebook , you could see the heads just behind it....probably 50mtrs away.

Even the person who posted said that the warmer currents are so close in that it was rare to see Marlin that close to shore...

Cheers

Dave

edit: Lol....just saw the rest replies. It was the facebook one in the channel. 

Edited by Sigma

I saw a FB post from Shimano saying the inshore run of blacks is on in Sydney, sharing a post from Al McGlashan who caught a few near North Head. They must be close in off Port Stephens, too?! Brent from the local tackle shop said on FB that he got 3 from 5 in 21.5 degrees in 30-45m. Can’t wait to get out there!