Kiama Session

rozza_b

Hi all,

Quick report from my successful session yesterday, hit the water at kiama ramp around 5:30 to try for a few reds, had a quick troll with some skirts while heading to the spot but nothing much going on there. Arrived at my spot in 15-20m of water and got set under anchor to get a burley trail going. The first hour was a bit tough with the wind swirling round causing the boat to sit at the wrong angle to the current for what i wanted, decided to persist with it though, plenty of bait hanging around the boat in  the burley and some solid fish showing up on the sounder.

Managed 1 slimey and a small red until the forecast wind finally came up and the boat finally sat round the right way, continued on fishing and then the action finally kicked of with 2 rods going off at once, backed the drag off on one of my rods and let it play out while i dealt with the other rod, landed both fish 1 red 35cm and the other about 45cm, pretty stoked at this point, continued on pumping the burley and fishing floating baits only, managed 8 reds in total in about 4hrs, couldn't be happier, had 1 final bait left out while i cleaned up and de-rigged my other rods and noticed a touch picked it up and bang set the hooks on what felt like a decent fish bit of a fight later and a decent bonito is landed, great way to finish the trip was back at the ramp cleaning up by 10 and was home eating fresh sushi by 11:30, couldn't be happier with the first trip of the year hears hoping the year can only get better

compressed reds.jpg

edited 20180102_115511.jpg

edited 20180102_193252.jpg

10 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

nice feed of reds..hope theres many more to come...burley trail with floaters is my fave...rick

Has to be my favourite way to fish for reds as well, light gear plus the chance of all sorts of different by-catch makes it great fun