Nelson bay kingies

mikei000

Hey all long time between posts. Been up at the bay for a couple of weeks now and been trying to catch a kingie (only ever caught one). Was close to catching one at the marina yesterday because some spearfishernan  swam across from the other breakwall under my line and speared  a good size kingie right under where I was. Wasn't  too happy about that, tell me if I'm wrong? Lol 

Only here for 1 more day but keen to have a crack tomorrow morning if anyone is keen for a partner for some rock fishing or if your boating Im Happy to contribute and clean etc.  Currently been trying ganged garfish with a skirt, cast and retrieving like a lure from marina and rocks.

I wouldn’t be too impressed either.

Saying that, where there’s one king there’s usually more so maybe the bait you used wasn’t (good) enough on the day.

put some freshly caught squid baits down and I’d be surprised if you didn’t get one if they are still there.

• Like 1

Yeah that' a good point, I just bought them from the coop unsalted and gutted which unfortunately they don't last as long being casted. Might have a go for some squid later tonight if the heartbreak from yesterday has healed enough. 

Thanks for the advice 

• Like 1

On 05/01/2018 at 3:49 PM, Scratchie said:

Unweighted fresh squid floated with the current at the end of the outer breakwall and your a real chance! Get there early before the boat traffic, especially this time of year! 

Cheers scratchie!!!

Update- had a go for squid at the marina near the most lit up areas for no luck so decided to have a sleep in for once. Back to Sydney to try here but I'll be back lol thanks guys