Hawkesbury Soapies

Big g19

Hey raiders first time posting went out fishing with some fresh squid on Wednesday night out at Juno point fished the last two hours of the run up tide and the first 4 hours of the run out  tide and literally caught about 30 soapies biggest going 65cm. Then went out Thursday   night fresh squid to flint and steel and the same thing just soapies galore. Can someone explain what's going on?  Where are all the legal fish at?? 

9 minutes ago, Hooked-Up said:

Few years ago they would’ve been legal, thankfully the size limit has increased and those 30 jewfish can now grow into the big Jew we all seek.

its a good thing.

It's a shame though because not all people release the under sized fish and that's a reason to why there's not many big ones out there 

23 hours ago, Hooked-Up said:

I hear you, I’m happy you’ve done the right thing though.

were you using heavy gear?

would be mad fun session on 2-4kg sticks!

Yeah man was using a saragosa 10000 on a 8-12.kilo rod. Felt like pulling in a baby whiting hahaha 

• Haha 1

I've been catching quite a few Jewies from 45-60cm in the Haekesbury, but at the Berowra side of the Hawkesbury. I did snare one at easter at 75cm.   It won't be too long before all these soapies become bigger specimens. I look at it as being encouraging. 

• Like 1

On 1/6/2018 at 9:29 PM, hellcorner said:

I've been catching quite a few Jewies from 45-60cm in the Haekesbury, but at the Berowra side of the Hawkesbury. I did snare one at easter at 75cm.   It won't be too long before all these soapies become bigger specimens. I look at it as being encouraging. 

Fingers crossed we can all at some stage crack the 30kg beast haha