Flies for Bream and Flathead

robz

This post is aimed at someone starting out chasing Bream and flathead on fly who doesn't know how to tie their own.

I'm cleaning out my fly box ( really an excuse to tie more flies) and have quite a few to pass on to a beginner for free. These are Crazy Charlie variants plus a few experimental patterns. Please only reply if you meet the criteria. I know how expensive it can be purchasing flies.  There are 50 odd flies in total. I'll divide them into 4 piles. I've been chasing Bream on fly for over 30 years, so I know most of these flies will take fish.

Posted free to the first 4 novice angles to contact me. 

regards

Rob

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hi Rob, welcome aboard.

thats very kind of you mate regardless of your alterior motive to tie more lol.

i hope they find a good home.

great generic fly the crazy Charlie’s.

Would love to see some pics of some of your ties. The keepers lol.

I am determined to get the fly rod out this year! I’ve only ever used it once... reckon I’d be a chance for flathead, whiting and bream off Corlette beach down the end of my street on the rising tide if the noreaster’s not blowing.

A very generous offer, Rob. I’d take you up on your offer but give them to a young novice. ?

• 4 weeks later...

Just moved to Sussex Inlet. I have dug my fly gear out for the first time iin 40 years. Surprise I can still get a fly out there, wet trout fly as I do not have any salt water stuff. Still learning. Jim

• 2 weeks later...