Lures??

marks1984

Good evening all

Going for a spin after work down to yarramundi in a kayak should I be using a popper, diver or spinner bait? Or more see what ever is working? In terms or poppers i have a few sure catch natural colours, a soft body cicada in green colour, divers are the saku short fat bodie, little nippers and in the spinner baits purple and black colour in a 1/4oz and green and black in a 1/8oz. 

Any comments will help. 

Thanks have a great night

either or both  change tactics depending on water clarity barometer  are cicadas dropping..is it windy..many variables..too many to suggest in short space of time on forum page..go forth try different lures an see how you go...all the well meant advice can work then other days something from left field kills them...my weedless grubtail rig works any time of day cause you can throw them where you wouldn't dare throw an expensive lure...rick

thanks rick I know there are way too many star that have to be lined up correctly for everything to be perfect!!! mate I normally will use one lure for like 20mins nothing on that ill change it until I find one that works.

sorry for asking so many questions I am very green in fresh water fishing as I have fished saltwater my whole life and still learning with that.

My daughter has only been using surface lures which have been doing very well on the bass. I'm sure she will soon start to explore the bellow the surface lures soon once she gets over the sugapenn addiction.

• Like 1

changing tactics and lures is a good way to search all sectors of the river..if deep divers aren't scoring try spinnerbaits..if no joy try surface walker or stickbait..sometimes if shady or cloudy they may be out in middle of river not in snags...you can never pick it...just keep tryin...rick

• Like 1