Does anyone know why Travacalm original is sold out everywhere?

Squid Inc

Hi, after remembering I needed to stock up on Travacalm, I have struggled to find it anywhere. One pharmacy said that they have been out of stock for 2 months. Anyone know the reason for the shortage? I have enough for 1 more trip out and if I don' do any good, I'm going to start sampling other brands.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/01/2018 at 7:58 PM, Yowie said:

Just keep going outside and you will become use to the wobbles of the boat. Think about the fish you are going to catch, and not your upset stomach. :D

I'm ok till I have to tie a knot or somehing, then once I start feeling it, I can' shake it till I'm back on flat water.

21 minutes ago, Squid Inc said:

I'm ok till I have to tie a knot or somehing, then once I start feeling it, I can' shake it till I'm back on flat water.

That’s why I like trolling! There was a time where I was known to still be throwing up at the ramp half an hour after arriving back. Although that may have been directly proportional to the amount of cheap port drunk the night before at those ANSA fishing conventions... ??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Squid Inc said:

Find a comfortable spot in the boat and lie down on your back for a short while. It SOMETIMES works, but not all the time.

I had the sickness problem the first couple of times I was outside, now, no problems. I don't eat before I go fishing, though I will have a muesli bar and fruit after a while when the bites slow down.

I like to eat something light at home before I leave but if I’m up really early, I can’t eat. I always pack a few Vegemite sandwiches (because they’re quick to prepare) and a few cans of ginger beer. The sandwiches keep me full and the ginger beer helps prevent any queasiness. ?

1 hour ago, antonywardle said:

I'll try the GB next time as well, it was a bit tough winding up a flatty and making burly at the same time ;-)

Try fighting pelagics while you’re coughing up all that’s left of your stomach... this is why I’m called Berleyguts! ?

• Haha 3

There have been problems with supply of the key ingredient Hyoscine hydrobromide from what i understand, i've had to try other medications as well. Hope it comes back soon, last time they had supply issues a few years ago it took about 3 months to get sorted if i remember right.