Any gardeners out there?

Fab1

4 hours ago, flatheadluke said:

You’re sitting on a goldmine. I saw a guy at Glebe markets with hardwood framed mirrors that he was selling for $200 a pop!

Yeah,you certainly don't find this hardwood at your local Bunnings.Hardwood is like many things and is becoming rarer with the cost of it going further north all the time.

Mrs was complaining for a while now that when she came out of the pool she had to go inside to rinse her hair in the shower.Well,I decided to go back in the shed and make her up a shower on a post so she doesn't have to far to go that she can use outside.

IMG_20180120_120404.thumb.jpg.fb86b2ea58b73fa83e7c3ce9d7919d55.jpg

Works a treat.IMG_20180120_131044.thumb.jpg.2660a6f4c9db11db3b4525fb5d1b087f.jpg

Now,time for some volleyball and a bbq to ponder how the heck a man can keep his wife content by doing the next job on the list which is putting in a walk in pantry,a 4 burner bbq,a fold out table,toilet with shower and a sunlounger in wait for it............My 4.2meter tinny.??I should ask her if she forgot Niles from the nanny so she has the lot.

IMG_20180120_131105.jpg

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, antonywardle said:

great work! How long before you have to heat the water from the outside shower?

That reminds me, I better write up my solar pool heater and post it!

Probably soon and I may have to add a bath with bubbles too.

• Like 1

On 20 January 2018 at 9:54 AM, Fab1 said:

Yeah,you certainly don't find this hardwood at your local Bunnings.Hardwood is like many things and is becoming rarer with the cost of it going further north all the time.

I've just inherited some more materials.I wonder how many hardwood mirrors I can make from these?

image.jpg

• 2 months later...
Guest Guest123456789
On 20/01/2018 at 2:29 PM, Fab1 said:

Mrs was complaining for a while now that when she came out of the pool she had to go inside to rinse her hair in the shower.Well,I decided to go back in the shed and make her up a shower on a post so she doesn't have to far to go that she can use outside.

IMG_20180120_120404.thumb.jpg.fb86b2ea58b73fa83e7c3ce9d7919d55.jpg

Works a treat.IMG_20180120_131044.thumb.jpg.2660a6f4c9db11db3b4525fb5d1b087f.jpg

Now,time for some volleyball and a bbq to ponder how the heck a man can keep his wife content by doing the next job on the list which is putting in a walk in pantry,a 4 burner bbq,a fold out table,toilet with shower and a sunlounger in wait for it............My 4.2meter tinny.??I should ask her if she forgot Niles from the nanny so she has the lot.

IMG_20180120_131105.jpg

Very nice fab got me thinking about building a Balinese outdoor shower

F6D66355-FE60-406A-AF66-7412574CC840.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Well,as you gardeners know sifting compost is labour intensive and hard work especially in large amount by hand.

So I decided to make my own trommel to make things a little easier out of my cement mixer.

My requirements where I wanted to be able to use it as a mixer and a compost trommel so I decided to make an adapter out of materials/hardware I had in the shed.

I removed the bowl from the mixer and removed  it's gear ring to use on the plastic barrel I'll use as a trommel.

I made up a shaft and welded it on a plate then packed it out with wooden spacers bolting the gear ring centrally to the base of the barrel.

It was then a matter of cutting out 3 evenly spaced windows and fitting wire mesh tied in with tie wire.

Works a treat and keeps up with my shovelling.

Guest Guest123456789

Very nice fab and well done reusing old materials.

tumblers much easier than manually turning the heap over - here’s my setup 

2277C4C9-C5FD-4499-B6B0-81FC300AE6E7.jpeg

1 hour ago, raging said:

Nice work

Thanks mate.

39 minutes ago, flatheadluke said:

Very nice fab and well done reusing old materials.

tumblers much easier than manually turning the heap over - here’s my setup 

2277C4C9-C5FD-4499-B6B0-81FC300AE6E7.jpeg

Then you have to spend money on gym fees and I like my Popeye fore arms.In all seriousness I had tumblers before and they didn't quite cut the mustard for my needs as they don't have the capacity  for hot composting like  i do.They certainly are good for the small space gardener though that's into composting at a slower pace.

I have a "couple" of pavers like yours laying around that are going to be magically transformed into mowing strips and garden edging.

ad_1524887673982.jpg

Guest Guest123456789

They’re great pavers, very durable.

Where do you acquire all this material??? Got some good stuff at hand there Fab

43 minutes ago, flatheadluke said:

They’re great pavers, very durable.

Where do you acquire all this material??? Got some good stuff at hand there Fab

From various sources.Those pavers where pulled up by people putting in an in-ground pool like mine.I got them for free and went and loaded them into the ute and brought them home with several trips.Its always good having certain things at hand like pavers,timber,steel etc as you can make plenty of things out of them.And at times you can save a fortune when they come free.

Even buying soil,compost etc all adds up if you have to buy it.

• 2 months later...
Guest Guest123456789
On 6/2/2018 at 5:44 PM, Fab1 said:

Thanks mate.

Then you have to spend money on gym fees and I like my Popeye fore arms.In all seriousness I had tumblers before and they didn't quite cut the mustard for my needs as they don't have the capacity  for hot composting like  i do.They certainly are good for the small space gardener though that's into composting at a slower pace.

I have a "couple" of pavers like yours laying around that are going to be magically transformed into mowing strips and garden edging.

ad_1524887673982.jpg

Those pavers make a great fire pit, I capped mine with some longer and larger dark grey pavers

716C595D-80ED-4874-B48B-85FDD1214D95.jpeg

• 1 month later...