Prawning

frankS

I'm going prawning tonight down at Wollumboola lake just north of Jervis bay leaving around 8pm to get there around 11pm run out tide starts around 12 midnight will prawn till around 2.30 -3 am and hope we have a bucket full by then. Should have gone Mon or Tues night but couldn't arrange it.

Here's hoping we have some success.

Frank

• Like 1

Same place different time different blokes, no way would I exceed my limit.

As a matter of fact it was bloody hard going, the tide somehow wasn't running ( maybe entrance blocked ) so the prawns were far and few between, still ended up with a decent feed and some bait for a couple of trips, my light went bung after scooping just 5 prawns and had to use torch and hear light for rest of night. around 3 kilo between the 2 of us.

There wasn't a lot of people there last night/this morning about 12 different groups, we were the last to leave at 4.30am as we drove a long way and wanted to make the most out of our trip, don't get to do it much these days. I was amazed how many baby Longtom were swimming about seen a couple of Eels and a Blue swimmer Crab so the lake is pretty healthy.

Frank