fog and mist on windscreen

santina

At night in winter the windscreen of the boat fogs up on both sides. No matter what I do I still can't see where I am going. So I unzip the plastic and poke my head between the screen and the plastic to be able to see. Is there something that can be applied to both sides of the screen to clear that fog and mist please.  

I have a similar problem but it's the lights from my sounder and dash and other internal lights that reflect on the windsheild and make it near impossible to see through. Poking my head out is the only way (other than switching off lights)

17 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

FogX

Is FogX same as RainX??

1 hour ago, Smasher said:

I have a similar problem but it's the lights from my sounder and dash and other internal lights that reflect on the windsheild and make it near impossible to see through. Poking my head out is the only way (other than switching off lights)

I had a big white dash under a steeply raked front screen that used to emphasise the same screen reflection issue... so I had a trimmer make a dash cover from black car trim carpet that is held in place by velcro.  Solved the white dash reflection issue. 

Regarding gauge lights etc, I keep a dark microfibre cloth handy (to wipe the early morning fogging off screen) so I drape it over the gauges and lights...temporary dark curtain. 

Cheers

Zoran

4 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Is FogX same as RainX??

FogX is made by RainX. You’d normally use it on the inside of the car windshield to prevent them fogging. My old Kombi had a leak around the windscreen until I repaired the rust and put a new seal in. Fog X really helped. Might be worth a go in a boat.

Edited by Berleyguts
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't experience any of those two issues as I don't get mist or fog in the garage.But yes,like the guys said the cloth,chamois trick with rain x or head outside with a balaclava and woollen beanie on if your allergic to the cold. 

• Haha 1