fisholb

hi raiders

decided to fish sydney harbour today with 2 of my bff

got to the ramp around 8am with about half a dozen trailers parked

wind was still blowing around 15-20kph

plan a was to bottombash sow n pigs plan b was to bottombash around goat island up to birkehead point

trolled from balls head to shark island for zeros using the halco redhead rapala redhead

got to sow n pigs but cant anchor so decided to go to clifton instead

anchor around the navy wharf and started to burley with pillys mixed with pellets

we were using chicken/mullet/prawns/pillys for bait

we were using our bream snapper combo 10lb trace using paternoster and running sinker rig

we caught around half a dozen legal bream half dozen legal flattys dozens baby snapper bream flattys

hightlight of the day was me hooking up a 61cm kingy on my daiwa 2500 combo using a paternoster with chicken strips

the fight took forever (5-10mins) lol

the kingy took 3-4 runs before we netted it

took a quick pic and let the kingy go to fight another day

hi 5s all round my biggest fish i have caught on my daiwa 2500 combo

my mate also caught a 60cm kingy but took longer to land due to the kingy wrapped around three of our lines lol

had to cut all the three lines hoping the kingy was legal but had to let it go to grew more

decided to move to watsons bay to get fish and chips for lunch

while were having lunch we fished near the moorings and caught a monster bream (39cm) on my first cast using a running sinker rig with chicken strips

maritime came and told us that we can not use the yellow bouys and only use the pink ones

someone must have rang maritime and complain that were using the yellow bouys

cant find any pink ones thats free so decided to move around the balmain area

trolled around the bridge for zeros and anchored around the pylons near birchgrove

caught another monster bream (37cm) on my first cast on my daiwa 2500 on chicken strips

for the next hour caught plenty of baby snapper and bream so decided to move around birkenhead point

fished birkenhead point for about 1hr for 2 legal bream and decided to head back to the ramp

home around 8pm

thanks for reading

40BA477C-8F01-4ADA-86D0-6D4F95D77319.jpeg

D5EA882E-F96F-4FBF-B5BD-708083F8CEBD.jpeg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Rock&Beach said:

Great report and we'll done on the feed of bream. Love them. Right up there with the flattie tails as awesome eating. Love the fish and chips at Watsons bay. R&B

thanks

we target bream all the time at sow n pigs using chicken strips on 10lb trace and size 4 circle hook

plenty of monster bream there over the 40cm

always fun to catch on light gear