Port Stephens on fire!!

Scratchie

G’day raiders, 

Just a quick report from up here! I’ve headed out with my two eldest boys and what a great session on the kings! Bagged out in 30mins, all over 70cm! Couldn’t let rickmarlin have all the fun! Good to see you on the water champ! 

Gave the boys a challenge to hook a king with whatever they wanted, the chewy gum won the day! Haha 

Hopefully some snapper tonight! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

Great effort there Jeff! To think I drove right past that area yesterday again. Keep meaning to try there! Were you trolling lures or live baits?

Mate, my son caught one on chewing gum. Didn’t matter what you throw at them. Trolling or lures were the same result. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Hey jeff  told u chewing gum on a long shank would work  hahaha  man  theres hesps there  rick

Haha, I know so the boys gave it a go! 

Ive been catching them regularly for a while now but not in the numbers they were today! Insane! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tyrone07 said:

All escaped fish from the Huon pen down the road haha just kidding good session, good bite on the beakies off the Central Coast and Sydney yesterday, predominately stripes Any reports of any blacks from up your way?

Couple of stripes and a blue caught yesterday by all reports! The fad was producing only small dollies and maybe 20 boats were out there! Water has definitely warmed up but still murky and stirred up! 

I actually ran over a small black on the way home last night. That’s the 3rd time it’s happened! 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Yowie said:

Great work there Scratchie. A few good fish, some good feeds in that lot. A southerly bump can sometimes bring them on the bite.

Cheers yowie! Agree and it did bring on warmer water! Dinner tonight was magnificent! :D

• Like 1

mate after seeing how keen your boys were you are gunna be hard pressed to hold them off from taking the bay king crown....me an my son did an overnighter the other month  nothing beats quality time and quality fish combined...cant wait to get back up for a fish..thanks for all the lead up info jeff your a champ...rick

• Like 2