Port Stephens on fire!!

Scratchie

15 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

mate after seeing how keen your boys were you are gunna be hard pressed to hold them off from taking the bay king crown....me an my son did an overnighter the other month  nothing beats quality time and quality fish combined...cant wait to get back up for a fish..thanks for all the lead up info jeff your a champ...rick

Anytime rick! WillyWeather is out my window! Haha ? 

Catching snapper is my passion so all the info I can get and share is priceless! 

My kids are truly blessed to live here and be able to get out on the ocean frequently! 

• Like 1

hey jeff our biggest red gutted ngilled went 5.2kilo//those mongo kings wer 4.05 kilo gngilled at 70cm  never seen such fat kings..i was hopin you cracked a biggie on my mark..im sure il get a 10kilo there this year.or maybe you will ...its a great area that looks nothing on the chart but produces quality all year round...ps  have two or three other marks just as good  we will have to give them a hit together an see what we can drag in .haha...cheers mate for the info on the weekend and glad you n the boys had a great time..thats what all this is about..raider spirit..if anyone wants some info...just ask..its a big ocean with lots of spots for people to catch some fish..jeff n myself have spent lots of years workin out how n where but it doesn't mean we are secretive.if other raiders want info I can give general areas  but  its up to you to try n get a few....the amount of info on our great site and some pointers to where and these lovely fish are within reach of many of you raiders out there...rick

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Woodsy1 said:

Top Effort Scratchie, looks like a great day. Excellant fishing with the family. 

Can’t wait to get out there again with you.

Woodsy

Anytime Woodsy! It was a pretty good day out there! Next day, 200 boats on the same spot! Haha! 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Top stuff Scratchie! Fishing with the family and passing on that knowledge! Everyone on the boat looks frothing your freezer must be getting full by now ;)  Tempted to make the journey down there and get stuck in!

Not on fire today. Dpi has extended the ban on Huon kings until 28 feb. Found out late last night to our displeasure. No kings around cage cardinal markets. Trolled livies, used fresh squid, metals, chook pellets, nothing. Heaps of boats around markers, saw zero fish caught. Headed to gibber for 1 trag and 1 snapper.  The only surface activity we saw were dolphins. Should have just fished Lake Macquarie. Many boats were heading wide and to the car park for marlin  

1 hour ago, Drought Breaker said:

Not on fire today. Dpi has extended the ban on Huon kings until 28 feb. Found out late last night to our displeasure. No kings around cage cardinal markets. Trolled livies, used fresh squid, metals, chook pellets, nothing. Heaps of boats around markers, saw zero fish caught. Headed to gibber for 1 trag and 1 snapper.  The only surface activity we saw were dolphins. Should have just fished Lake Macquarie. Many boats were heading wide and to the car park for marlin  

I did post a warning of extended exclusion zone! 

The carpark was red hot yesterday! Heard of even one boat landing 10. There ON!!!! 

5 hours ago, Scratchie said:

I did post a warning of extended exclusion zone! 

The carpark was red hot yesterday! Heard of even one boat landing 10. There ON!!!! 

All good mate. Didn’t see your report but appreciate you notifying. Radio stations yesterday said ban was lifting and only found out late last night and we were committed to going. Spoke to a crew this am at boat ramp who got into marlin around car park. 

• Like 1

I was talking to a lady at work today. She was talking about “this huge fish” she caught at Tanilba Bay. “I nearly didn’t get it in”, she said. I haven’t seen the photo yet but from her description and when we held up Scratchie’s photo from the local rag, it may have been one of the escaped Huon kingies. Maybe. All the way up at Tanilba!

• Like 2

Yep! They’ll be a few around for a while. They are going to continue the joint venture for research but I’m sure they’ll be a permanent exclusion zone in place in the near future! 

However, this will just increase stocks of the already array of fish there is to catch in the area! 

• Like 1