Middle harbour

Abs

So I decided to go solo today on my tinnie since my fishing buddy cancelled last minute. Got to tunks around 5.45am, and boy what a surprise. It was packed. Finally got in the water after a lot of back and forward with the other fishos trying to launch, retrieve and everything else. Some people are just unsavoury characters in the morning for no reason at all. 

it was my first time on my own so I thought I’d stay close by. Went to Quaker’s hat in amongst the moorings. Through out a Pillie on my baitrunner, a live yabbie and the international bait on my third rod , the prawn.

burleyed some also.

stayed until 8am and not even a bite. Plenty of boats came in for yakkas and done well. Then I moved and decided to drift the waters around Clontarf and balmoral. Caught a nice 27/8 cm bream off a prawn using a 1/0 mustad long shank.cant attach the pic file too big. 

By then I thought would be time to go back around 11am. Again it was dog eat dog at tunks boat ramp. Even the rms guy was helping guys in and out. 

Won’t go solo on a weekend again though. Disappointed in middle harbour though, I thought I had done wel with preparation and timing for some table fish. But still glad I went out on my own . 

Thought I’d share my trip for the day.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Abs said:

So I decided to go solo today on my tinnie since my fishing buddy cancelled last minute. Got to tunks around 5.45am, and boy what a surprise. It was packed. Finally got in the water after a lot of back and forward with the other fishos trying to launch, retrieve and everything else. Some people are just unsavoury characters in the morning for no reason at all. 

it was my first time on my own so I thought I’d stay close by. Went to Quaker’s hat in amongst the moorings. Through out a Pillie on my baitrunner, a live yabbie and the international bait on my third rod , the prawn.

burleyed some also.

stayed until 8am and not even a bite. Plenty of boats came in for yakkas and done well. Then I moved and decided to drift the waters around Clontarf and balmoral. Caught a nice 27/8 cm bream off a prawn using a 1/0 mustad long shank.cant attach the pic file too big. 

By then I thought would be time to go back around 11am. Again it was dog eat dog at tunks boat ramp. Even the rms guy was helping guys in and out. 

Won’t go solo on a weekend again though. Disappointed in middle harbour though, I thought I had done wel with preparation and timing for some table fish. But still glad I went out on my own . 

Thought I’d share my trip for the day.

Hi Abs, I dont fish weekends but fish solo most times, trouble is you get used to having everything just so and when the crew do come with you they get annoying LOL like moving the esky to the other side. Plenty of fish to be had in middle harbour caught every thing fromm yakkas to kings in that area, thanks for the report.

• Thanks 1

Hey Abs, Tunks Park along with most of the ramps in Sydney is a #@$%fight on the weekend especially when its a hot day with good weather,,, a word of advice, we launch out of Tunks,, my brother puts his boat in a 10-11pm the night before chasing squid, and picks me up at 330-4am, if I were you launching solo, launch that extra hour earlier around 430am or just before, especially with daylight savings. As come 5am when we have live baits down you cant count the amount of boats flooring it out of the ramps from both Tunks park, and Roseville.

Dan

Thanks dan,

definately a learning experience. You were not wrong about people flooring it out. A boat literally hammered it passed 2m away when he had 50m+ to work with. I don’t get it.

thanks for the tip