Kingfish Round 2

Scratchie

G’day raiders, 

Junior scratchie wanted to head out today and take a mate with him! Another great excuse to go fishing. The fish were still there and still biting hard! Got our bag and headed home! 

Juniors mate was a little inexperienced which cost me a rod (high sticked) and a few lures but watching his wrist lock on a good king was priceless!!! 

84246ECF-D0B3-4C4D-8698-D06130833F60.thumb.png.6edfd338695f25f7d4726109bda66229.png

little boy helping big boy.......

96BFA23C-B1D4-4C4C-AFB5-C035C607E564.thumb.png.d6779fb1b14446c54e51c07127a013ff.png

the result.........

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, garfield28 said:

Nice one Jeff, you love putting people onto fish mate, I'll bet young Scratchie's mate will never forget it... Awesome stuff 

His dad will never forget it either when I give him the bill for the rod!!! :D:wacko: only joking! Great fun! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, CJay said:

Safe to say the young lads mate will be dreaming of those hits from now on! Bream fishing will never be the same B)

They sure will. Junior gets a fair amount of fishing time but I can see his mate pestering me often! :wacko:

55 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

did you use chewing gum or bubble gum this time jeff....lol

Haha.....enough fancy fishing! I was going to see if JonD was right and take a banana but just couldn’t bring myself to do it!!! Karma lasts for a long time! ;)

54 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Haha.....enough fancy fishing! I was going to see if JonD was right and take a banana but just couldn’t bring myself to do it!!! Karma lasts for a long time! ;)

Hahaha ... reminds me of a song: "very superstitious ... writing on the wall !"

Well the Mrs and I put that to test on our previous bottom bashing trip together, we brought bananas on the boat, ate bananas for lunch and went home with 3.6kg of cleaned flattie fillets.

But on the last trip chasing spears - we took no bananas and ended with no fish !

HMMMMMM ... for me that Myth is BUSTED !

I know what will be in my lunch bag on the boat in the future !

Cheers

Zoran

2 hours ago, Scratchie said:

They sure will. Junior gets a fair amount of fishing time but I can see his mate pestering me often! :wacko:

Tell him you have to work.:D

Good work on the fish, enjoy them while they are about and biting.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, zmk1962 said:

Hahaha ... reminds me of a song: "very superstitious ... writing on the wall !"

Well the Mrs and I put that to test on our previous bottom bashing trip together, we brought bananas on the boat, ate bananas for lunch and went home with 3.6kg of cleaned flattie fillets.

But on the last trip chasing spears - we took no bananas and ended with no fish !

HMMMMMM ... for me that Myth is BUSTED !

I know what will be in my lunch bag on the boat in the future !

Cheers

Zoran

Sorry but just can’t convince me on that one! I don’t even allow banana boat sunscreen. I’ll stick with my run of fish! :D

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Tell his mate you have a friend that's a gun fisherman and would love to take him out then send him to me.You'll never have to take him fishing ever again.1 for being a lier and 2 for causing him pain and suffering with me.??Good fun spent with the boys mate.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sigma said:

Scratchie,

I think I know why there are so many Kings in Port Stephens....:biggrin2:

Have a read of this....

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/5187567/recapture-efforts-in-full-swing-after-entire-pen-of-yellowtail-kingfish-lost/?cs=305

Lucky you... :biggrin2:

No... the article states that the escaped fish are all “under legal catch size”. Hmmm... not sure I believe them. ?? Having said that, my old neighbour who worked for Huon Aquaculture said there are usually bigger wild kings hanging around outside the pens.

• Haha 2

I just heard a report that the police are out at the pens keeping people away. Hopefully that just means the idiots getting too close and casting into the pens. I so want to give it a try next week when I’m off!

Edited by Berleyguts