Mudgee

marks1984

If you are talking about Windamere, then yes why not. It's a noted Yellowbelly dam, also has a few silver perch. I've always found it pure hard work, but I think it's very dependent on conditions. I'd take the rods :)

Matt

there is some good landbased fishing to be had at windamere..hardbodies an spinnerbaits are the go...halfway back from Cudgegong van park towards the dam wall the castlereagh hwy goes close to the water..there is a rock wall worth working and plenty of open hillside leading in to water if you walk a bit..ive caught goldens/silvers/cod from here....hope you find some fish on the chew...purple is very good colour  or green/yellow frog pattern...rick

• 1 year later...
On 4/29/2019 at 9:35 AM, scoggs1 said:

Hi are any of those fish edible or are they catch and release only, cheers 

scott

Yellowbelly and cod are edible. They are extremely fatty from Windamere due to shear size of most of the fish that come from there though. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, T_Bert83 said:

Yellowbelly and cod are edible. They are extremely fatty from Windamere due to shear size of most of the fish that come from there though. 

Thanks mate next time i go ill keep this in mind

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2019 at 9:35 AM, scoggs1 said:

Hi are any of those fish edible or are they catch and release only, cheers 

scott

Hi Scott, I wouldn't dream of eating Yellas or Cod from Windamere as they taste terrible when TOO FAT. Good fun to catch and release though. bn

• Thanks 1