Intro and a avoca report.

Rock hopper

Hi, new to forum. Quick intro.

Fish mainly central coast area, sometimes Sydney harbour and hawks river. Bit of everything really.

Away from fishing for a while as we now have a little baby girl. :Dour first.

Getting a few leave passes lately so thought I'd start to share my trips. Have read so much on this site so time to give back.

Went out to avoca rocks south for a spin and to float some pilchards, arrived at 530 and the place was shoulder to shoulder almost and got worse as day went on. Managed one tailor on pilchard. Back in drink. Saw one bloke land a small bonnie. Guy next to me was fishing live yakkas that didn't even get a sniff. No luck with squid or metals. Out by 730 home for a swim.

Happy Australia day to all. :)

IMG_20180126_062404.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Welcome to fishraider @Rock hopper 

Looking forward to reports from you and not long till your little girl can join you :)

I can't wait. Hope she loves fishing as much as she loves being at the beach. She's turning into a real beach bum.:DTans and all. Try to get some more pics in soon. Here's one of a flattie from near half tide rocks 2 weeks ago.

Nice to be part of the fold. 

On 26/01/2018 at 11:47 AM, Rock hopper said:

Hi, new to forum. Quick intro.

Fish mainly central coast area, sometimes Sydney harbour and hawks river. Bit of everything really.

Away from fishing for a while as we now have a little baby girl. :Dour first.

Getting a few leave passes lately so thought I'd start to share my trips. Have read so much on this site so time to give back.

Went out to avoca rocks south for a spin and to float some pilchards, arrived at 530 and the place was shoulder to shoulder almost and got worse as day went on. Managed one tailor on pilchard. Back in drink. Saw one bloke land a small bonnie. Guy next to me was fishing live yakkas that didn't even get a sniff. No luck with squid or metals. Out by 730 home for a swim.

Happy Australia day to all. :)

IMG_20180126_062404.jpg

I was out there at 5am today I saw a few bonnies caught early on Pillies under float. I managed to get 2 small green eye and floated one out only to be taken by a big salmon. Didn't bother wasting the other one. Tried for a few more calamari but no luck. The water looked green and dirty.

Tim

Edited by Time28

Time28,

Well done. I could not catch a break yest. I know it produces but will probably steer clear until the rush dies down. Did u keep the salmon ? I find it hard to convert squid into bait....just to tasty. :P

Mrsswordfisherman,

Was a great fish, went back in. Much to the dismay of the bloke next to me :lol: cheers 

• Like 1

R H  I luv the look on peoples faces when you throw a good fish back in the drink.....lol..rick

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People jump up an down when I release those blue groper

• Like 1

Yeah  Rock Hopper salmon released I don't normally use the squid as bait either but they were only small so I thought why not throw throw one out and try for a kingfish.

Tim

Edited by Time28