Lowrance hook 7

Brainfish

I have a lowrance elite 7 hook with chirp that works pretty well although lately  it has been losing the depth reading at speed,  which doesnt worry me too much , however when i slow down it gives me ridiculous readings  which does worry me. As well , when this happens i dont get the sonar picture back. Any ideas  ?

Cheers Brian.

4 hours ago, Brainfish said:

I have a lowrance elite 7 hook with chirp that works pretty well although lately  it has been losing the depth reading at speed,  which doesnt worry me too much , however when i slow down it gives me ridiculous readings  which does worry me. As well , when this happens i dont get the sonar picture back. Any ideas  ?

Cheers Brian.

G'day Brian, check that your power source and all connectors and cables are in good condition. As has been mentioned the transducer could be moving under speed. Outside of that there's really only the settings which could need checking / re setting. Good luck bn

18 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

I have a hds5  and on auto it reads crap....but turn to manual depth  with manual sensitivity and its a whole new ball game..rick

I’m going to try that on my Humminbird, too. I assume it’s on auto. ?

Thanks everyone.  Have gone to manual settings  and all went well today. I also realised that i had downscan frequency set on 455 khz not 800 khz although not sure if that would cause my problem.

Bonus today was catching 8 nice bream .

On 26/01/2018 at 9:46 PM, rickmarlin62 said:

I have a hds5  and on auto it reads crap....but turn to manual depth  with manual sensitivity and its a whole new ball game..rick

Nup. Really shallow readings. I just read somewhere that i should take it off the auto sensitivity setting so will try that next time im out.