further 'bidgee update

big Neil

Hi all, I've been out and about exploring some new waters in the Murrumbidgee. The first trip was downstream to Darlington Point and it looked ideal for chucking lures and spinnerbaits around. My poor preparation, however, sabotaged the experience and I couldn't get the electric working properly. The battery in the wireless remote was dying and I hadn't (intentionally) brought the foot control. So it was major struggle street...pity because the conditions looked really good. The area is known to have lots of Yellas, as well as some decent Cod. Decided to capture some fresh shrimps and do some bait fishing. End result was 2 huge Carp.

This week saw a trip upstream to Narrandera where I discovered a very likely looking spot. Even though there were no fish showing on the sounder, I just had to try it. I wasn't disappointed either with the first Cod coming on board within a minute of tying up to the bank. This spot ended up producing 8 Cod, 7 of which were a mere cm short of being legal. All caught on Colby cheese cubes. Definitely somewhere I'll visit again. The next day I went local and motored way upstream from the ramp. It was a scorching hot day so I moved constantly trying to find likely spots in the shade. 6 hrs of fishing netted 12 Murray Cod to 51 cms and 2 whopping Carp. Then we had several days of storms, rain and strong winds but I did venture out to chuck some spinnerbaits around locally for 2 hrs... not even a touch.

So there's plenty of fish around, though not quite legal size. Unfortunately some Carp thrown in the mix too...unfortunately for the Carp that is. I actually enjoy catching them, they put up much more fight than the Cod do. Fishing here should start to pick up now that most people have headed back to home and work.Till next time, stay safe. bn

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rah said:

Good to see you getting amongst a few BN. :)

No pics this time?

I bet you will be heading back to the spot where you had the battery troubles. 

Cheers

Rah

Sure will Tara. It's about 250 kms between weirs so the water is here today and gone tomorrow, very shallow at best. Monday may be the go, hopefully. Cheers, Neil.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big Neil said:

Sure will Tara. It's about 250 kms between weirs so the water is here today and gone tomorrow, very shallow at best. Monday may be the go, hopefully. Cheers, Neil.

I hope monday has great fishing weather for you then. :)