bypassing vro pump on johnson v4 90hp HELP PLEASE!

eniax

Hi ive got a johnson v4 90hp

1996 model i think 

its blowing a whole heap of white smoke its oil injected im thinking its the vro pump ive changed spark plugs the carbis look clean changed the water pump and got 2x new batteries

I need some help/info on disableing and bypassing it and just mixing the fuel my self

any help would be fantastic

boat.jpg

7 hours ago, eniax said:

Hi ive got a johnson v4 90hp

1996 model i think 

its blowing a whole heap of white smoke its oil injected im thinking its the vro pump ive changed spark plugs the carbis look clean changed the water pump and got 2x new batteries

I need some help/info on disableing and bypassing it and just mixing the fuel my self

any help would be fantastic

boat.jpg

Google disconnecting vro pump for endless info on how to go about it mate.I'd be looking at doing something about that rust around your wheel nuts too.Welcome aboard.

By the way, white smoke indicates water ingress into the combustion chamber in the engine world unless something has changed in the last 100 odd years.Perhaps a blown head gasket?I'd be doing a compression check of all cylinders first.

+1 to what fab1 said if it was over oiling you would get grey to blue smoke and it would smell of oil burning could you take a small video of it running for us regards dunc333

Edited by dunc333

14 hours ago, Fab1 said:

Google disconnecting vro pump for endless info on how to go about it mate.I'd be looking at doing something about that rust around your wheel nuts too.Welcome aboard.

thanks mate

14 hours ago, Fab1 said:

By the way, white smoke indicates water ingress into the combustion chamber in the engine world unless something has changed in the last 100 odd years.Perhaps a blown head gasket?I'd be doing a compression check of all cylinders first.

done compression check all good

44 minutes ago, dunc333 said:

+1 to what fab1 said if it was over oiling you would get grey to blue smoke and it would smell of oil burning could you take a small video of it running for us regards dunc333

hi yeah is like grey blue smoke ill take a video and post thanks for the help guys i youtubed vro issues and its the same smoke as in the videos

are you using a good quality 'outboard' oil and not just two stroke oil.....generally people disconnect oil pumps cause they are not providing enough oil  not too much...also check that your plugs are the correct ones and the right heat range...I had an 85 v4 johno and it only ran properly with plugs that had a round central electrode not the normal bent over electrode...rick

28 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

are you using a good quality 'outboard' oil and not just two stroke oil.....generally people disconnect oil pumps cause they are not providing enough oil  not too much...also check that your plugs are the correct ones and the right heat range...I had an 85 v4 johno and it only ran properly with plugs that had a round central electrode not the normal bent over electrode...rick

thanks rick ill check to see what was installed by the service guy

cheers mate