Golden oldies

rickmarlin62

Nice rick! I was only thinking the other day, where did the last 20 years go??? 

What’s funny..... you had to go looking for them photos, now you can just see them on your phone! Haha wtf??? Wouldn’t have thought of that as you posed for those pictures all those years ago! 

• Like 1

Man wow looks like something out of the old fishing magazines that I used to read growing up in the 80 S ... True pro on ya rick... And Berleyguts guts haven't seen a Kingy like that in a long time maaan what a beast 

• Like 1

I love looking at the old photos - have gradually been getting mine together to go up on a Flickr site of fishing photos. Here's one of my dad with a jewie - would be close to 55 years ago at Norah Head when the camping ground used to be up above the rockpool.

F1000016.JPG

• Like 3

On 30/01/2018 at 11:10 AM, Green Hornet said:

Here's a couple of mine from the early 80's.

The 28kg marlin was caught when fishos were just discovering these things could be landed from the stones and the 8.5kg mack tuna was an ANSA landbased record at the time taken on 4kg line.

Nice fish off the stones, Green Hornet... those were the days!

Which ANSA club were you with and do you still fish under ANSA? I’m with St George Sportfishing Club - our 50th anniversary this year. There’s no ANSA club here in Port Stephens unfortunately.

Edited by Berleyguts

40 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

I still get them here on the coast during winter....have a couple of spots that produce up to 8kg fish...rick20170912_191242.thumb.jpg.6d357b03695b4a1c5db84b959ef33e9a.jpg

Thats awesome mate.... Wish I still lived closer to the salt water have to settle for general Sherman in wyangala dam.(simpsons referrance) haha, gee Id hate to be getting chased by one of them beasts 

Edited by Omally