Crowdy Head weekend

Fish_More

Hi all

Spent last weekend (19 -21st January) up at Crowdy Head.  Finished work early on Friday for a 6 hour drive from Mudgee to Crowdy.  It was dark by the time we got supplies and go the boat in the water, so just slept in the boat harbour for the night.  Was not going out in the dark at new place.  Through a line over at the wharf and got a bream and some brown spotted cod.

Next morning we headed out early.  Only 1 snapper each from Giles Shoal.

Tried the waverider buoy but no luck.  We ran out to the GPS co-ordinates from the DPI website for the FAD but could not find it.  Anybody know where it is?

Did not have any luck until dusk when we picked up a few more keepers.  Same Sunday morning, picked up a few keepers on dawn and then everything went quiet.

Had one king grab the bait and go for a run but did not hook up.  Also saw plenty swimming around under the boat but could not tempt them.

Anybody know where you can get live bait around the area?  I think that is what we needed to get the kings.

Just as we were packing up to head back to the ramp for the 6 hour drive home, Fisheries came over to check fishing licences.  I dug mine out of the boat pocket and handed over for the response that has expired.  When they came on board to get details, I was getting my drivers licence out for ID and came across my new (3 year) fishing licence in my wallet which much relief.

Good weekend had by all and even though it is a long drive, will definitely be back for another crack at Crowdy.  Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Cheers

Mark

IMG_2215.jpg

IMG_2214.jpg

IMG_2218.jpg

Edited by Fish_More
Auto correct can be really annoying

we normally catch slimies and yakkas in front of the headland towards the southern end in close  or 150 mtrs south shallow reef out from beach..normally there are slimies up at the shoals..also they can be scattered on the reef inside mermaid...hope this helps..look at google maps and you can see reef out from beach..rick