Hi all,

I've just bought a new setup which I will use mostly for micro jigging and flicking soft vibes.

Rod: Storm Gomoku Kaiten Nero (PE 1-3) Blue

Reel: Shimano Calcutta 200B

Line: 20lb Power Pro - Depth Hunter

My questions is this;

Could this setup be used to target decent size Pink Snapper? Or will they do my arse in? 

I will be mostly droppin 20-40g jigs and vibes for targeting Jewies in NSW. I fit about 200m of braid on the reel.

I had a few spin and baitcast options, some made more sense than the 200B but I always wanted a Calcutta B, so I decided to do something different. I will also use the reel for Barra when I travel up north.

Has anyone used the 200B to catch snapper or pelagics?

Thanks for the advice/help.

I have a mate that fishes with me for reds and he uses Calcutta with 12lb braid long 20lb mono leader and handles reds to 8kg no probs....rick

Thanka for your reply mate, gives me some confidence in my choice! Do you know if its a Calcutta 200B? 

On 1/31/2018 at 8:29 PM, ruckus213 said:

Cheers mate !

Hi mate, I know this is an old thread. Did you end up going with that outfit? The 200B on the Kaiten? How did it end up for your application? I'm looking at a similar application but was thinking 15-20lb braid and maybe the Erito Rod (0.8-1.5PE 120g Jig) any comments? It will also end up as a kids bottom bash outfit for flathead, so possibly 180g sinkers on a bad day but not very often and not jigging them. 

Thanks