Beachworms in North sydney

TurtleTown

Hi,

After reading the great Sticky post on beach worms I'm tempted to give it a go again, do the Sydney beaches around the north shore  (Curl Curl, Dee Why, Collaroy etc) have beach worms on them or is there too much traffic so I'm wasting my time?

Thanks

Dave

There is a legendary beach/rock fishing guide of Italian name who was catching beach worms at Manly on the weekend just gone. The worms will stick their heads up in seconds if they are there. Getting them out of the sand is the tricky part. In busy places the worms my be a little more timid.

Agreed even manly has them I have tried and got some to rise but could not catch any. My mate said he puts the lure bait just behind the fore finger of the grab hand so the worm goes over it and he nabs it will try this next time but so far have seen plenty got donuts

work the lowest low   tides you can   .5 or less..wind will stop them from coming out properly...try the flattest section of beach or sandbanks on beach...another trick is put finger bait in stocking or panty hose material as when they bite at bait they get their pincers stuck in stocking...or try the  alvey  brand pliers with nylon jaws with bumps not teeth it doesn't kill them...rick

Edited by rickmarlin62

5 hours ago, FranticD said:

did you get out turtleTown?

Hey, was waiting for the worming alvey worming pliers to arrive, thought they would arrive Friday but didn’t make it so did a bit of float fishing at roseville bridge instead  - only got some yakka and undersized bream.

The pliers should arrive tomorrow so am hoping to try again this weekend - I’ll keep you posted on what I expect will be a frustrating but hopefully fruitful trip !

Hey rick, might have to bury some stockings in my shopping basket- thank god for self serve registers lol