Plastic fishing carp

perch

Hey guys so headed down to my local creek this morning in search for some carp on plastics which was a success landing about 6 carp and an eel on zmans 2 inch grub in blood worm but they tended to dodge them if you had no scent on the plastic also had many takes and they’d spit the lure pretty quick 

here’s some pics of the carp I landed

D0BCD634-4C77-442D-AECF-A27B07BA906A.jpeg

27A51569-3AC2-48A3-8C01-EB67C3F3C14D.jpeg

AE909896-39E6-4A69-BDD8-1237F240F6AB.jpeg

F9ADD540-4607-402E-8E94-A823B87FEE35.jpeg

282C5E89-C827-48CF-8E24-69FE9D8AD957.jpeg

3BDBCC72-1906-4056-B9B2-465C6F116261.jpeg

16 hours ago, perch said:

Are the mirror carp very common and are they frin inbreeding of something or are they there own type of carp

There's lots of different Carp from the KOI family, I believe. Some have developed through cross-breeding and others are a natural result. I believe Mirror is the latter. Certainly, put up a good fight the old Carp do. Cheers. bn

The carp are native China but spread to Europe and Asia , i believe they were introduced as early as the 1800's! The Mirrors are are beautiful fish and history tell us that they were originally bred in Asia by monksto have scales like this to be easier to prepare to eat :) one of the fastest growing fish in this family, and most record fish caught around Europe are mostly Mirrors and Common Carp. 

I spent alot of time chasing these guys but the hardest one to crack was actually the Grass Carp , this fish is the muscle of the carp as it loves turbulent water such as rivers and floodplane lakes and tends to be really lean and a stubborn fighter!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2018 at 7:59 AM, CJay said:

The carp are native China but spread to Europe and Asia , i believe they were introduced as early as the 1800's! The Mirrors are are beautiful fish and history tell us that they were originally bred in Asia by monksto have scales like this to be easier to prepare to eat :) one of the fastest growing fish in this family, and most record fish caught around Europe are mostly Mirrors and Common Carp. 

I spent alot of time chasing these guys but the hardest one to crack was actually the Grass Carp , this fish is the muscle of the carp as it loves turbulent water such as rivers and floodplane lakes and tends to be really lean and a stubborn fighter!

G'day CJay, I love chasing Carp too. They always put up a good account of themselves in the fight department. Haven't heard of the Grass Carp. Any idea where they can be found in Australian waters...not specific areas, just a region or river system? Cheers, bn

Hey Neil hows it going? I was an avid carp angler as a kid couldnt get enough of the stuff! I know that the Grass carp were introduced over here along with the common and mirrors all around Australia , also classed as an invasive species, Ive seen two caught when i lived out at Bendigo/Shepparton from the Murray River, they were both pretty small around 5-6kilos but Grass carp non the less :) Ive not really heard of them anywhere up this way in  NSW though. Is there many places where you are that hold carp too?

Tight Lines

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2018 at 7:48 AM, CJay said:

Hey Neil hows it going? I was an avid carp angler as a kid couldnt get enough of the stuff! I know that the Grass carp were introduced over here along with the common and mirrors all around Australia , also classed as an invasive species, Ive seen two caught when i lived out at Bendigo/Shepparton from the Murray River, they were both pretty small around 5-6kilos but Grass carp non the less :) Ive not really heard of them anywhere up this way in  NSW though. Is there many places where you are that hold carp too?

Tight Lines

G'day C Jay, just spotted your post mate. I fish the Murrumbidgee River all the time and also the irrigation channels and local lakes. Plenty of Carp to be found, although this season I've caught very few and heaps of Murray Cod. I do enjoy targeting them at certain times of the year as they are good fun to catch. Cheers, bn

• Like 1

On 2/14/2018 at 7:48 AM, CJay said:

Tight Lines

Hey CJ you may have an opinion as to why some large Carp have huge lips while others don't. See the picture in my post of today. Would be interested if you do have an opinion. Cheers, bn

12 minutes ago, big Neil said:

Hey CJ you may have an opinion as to why some large Carp have huge lips while others don't. See the picture in my post of today. Would be interested if you do have an opinion. Cheers, bn

Hey Neil thats a really good question,  just taking a stab in the dark here but i think it would be due to the genetics and the way they breed over here as an introduced species, carp are bred in Asia to have certain characteristics for buyers/collectors using different species so id think that its just a result of breeding in the same gene pool :) 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Hi all i fish for carp in England on a hot day they come to the surface .we use dog biscuits as they float and 1 on a small elastic band on a size 8 hook when they take off go fishing .I would like to try it here