Underfloor tank

sydney south

Current boat is a Quintrex 510 Ocean Sport that has two underfloor lockers/storage compartments that have moulded inserts as standard.

I am going to convert the rear into a plumbed catch tank and hinge the lid and then use the live bait tank pump to feed water to this.

Just seeing if anyone has done this in the past?

Any do's and don'ts would be greatly appreciated.

being underfloor you may have to build a pump in it to get rid of water while boat is still in the water ..sometimes you need to get rid of water if contaminated with too much blood..or wanting to travel without large quantity of water in bottom weighing you down...also a good seal on door or you will be pumping water off floor if not self draining...rick

• Like 1

I cant lift my esky full of fish out of the boat..don't think id like to get one up from floor level....my mate has a trophy with kill tank in the bottom... I mounted a 750gph pump and routed hose thru the rear of box and bulkhead all sealed in with grommets and black sika then up and out rear well..only way to clear water out unless you install drain plug then it goes into bottom of hull and has to be pumped out anyway...rick