Broughton snapper

Woodsy1

Hey Raiders

What a great day, I went out for my second day with a great bloke his generosity with his fishing knowledge is unbelievable, thanks again Scratchie. 

We headed out at 5am to some rough conditions couldn’t get any bait at cabbage tree so headed up to our first spot at the island, anchored and got a bit of bait and yes he got one pretty much straight away, the conditions didn’t really improve. So we moved to One of Scratchie’s favorite spots for a few drifts, again conditions weren’t favourable so Scratchie let me in a another spot. Used heaps of smelly Berley and came up with some great snapper we lost a few real good ones as well. 

Mate thanks very much I had a great day except when we had the motor problem (in my boat) and took 2.5 hours to get back sorry

Woodsy

047ADB59-0264-4445-AFFB-919FF74F33F6.jpeg

• Like 3

Great day out Woodsey!!! It was a bit hairy going through the heads this morning but it settled down enough to bag a feed. A lot of wind against current and swell made it hard to find a good area. But once we did there were a few screaming reels and a few expletives when my FC rock leader kept breaking on good fish. Will never use again! 

It was great to see your smile as you poled fish after fish! Although, that smile did deminish on the way home with motor troubles. Hope it’s not to bad mate! 

Good to catch up again champ and we’ll be back out there soon! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

Great effort! And thanks to the report from Scratchie by SMS today!  I’m planning to head to Broughton in the morning. Got no bait because someone left the freezer open. Plenty of berley though.

No good on plastics?

You will get plenty of bait up there 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

good work boys  ...leave my reds alone jeff...bahahaha

Agh, my reds rick! Your local is central coast??? Haha! Your spot not good for anchor but plenty of slimies there! Had to use my 6th go to spot today! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

good work boys  ...leave my reds alone jeff...bahahaha

I’ve gotta admit I do have a new mark on my sounder called rickmarlin62 but don’t worry today was a lucky day on another spot

• Like 1

all good boys...sounds like the last morning I was up there  wind one way current the other...makes it hard to find a spot hey...good to see them being caught with the temp up a bit...il be up in two weekends  prob chase reds then try n smack a little black if they improve...rick

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

all good boys...sounds like the last morning I was up there  wind one way current the other...makes it hard to find a spot hey...good to see them being caught with the temp up a bit...il be up in two weekends  prob chase reds then try n smack a little black if they improve...rick

I took my beak gear with me today but weather didn’t play ball. Reds were still biting in the middle of the day! Water temp at best was 23.2 and good colour! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

thanks jeff..heard there were a few at carpark and one from the gibber...a week an a half might let a few more come down..theres a few at coffs and swr.... nice to hear your coming back to the dark side and using bait n burley..hahaha

Hammer (who filled in for Scratchie’s interview on The Project ?) got beaks at The Gibber and The V the other day

19 hours ago, Woodsy1 said:

Hey Raiders

What a great day, I went out for my second day with a great bloke his generosity with his fishing knowledge is unbelievable, thanks again Scratchie. 

We headed out at 5am to some rough conditions couldn’t get any bait at cabbage tree so headed up to our first spot at the island, anchored and got a bit of bait and yes he got one pretty much straight away, the conditions didn’t really improve. So we moved to One of Scratchie’s favorite spots for a few drifts, again conditions weren’t favourable so Scratchie let me in a another spot. Used heaps of smelly Berley and came up with some great snapper we lost a few real good ones as well. 

Mate thanks very much I had a great day except when we had the motor problem (in my boat) and took 2.5 hours to get back sorry

Woodsy

047ADB59-0264-4445-AFFB-919FF74F33F6.jpeg

Nice one

16 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

If he’s got VHF, he should call me up. Sea Miner or Berleyguts. I usually monitor 16, 71 and 80.

Hi mate

Sorry I only just saw your post( when I'm back home).

I was just north of the sisters a bit after sunrise. Tried plastics with not much success there.

Hope you did better