Murray G

MURRAY G

original sharkcats in that size had the problem that when trolling they sat so low to the water not being on the plane the bottom of the tunnel sat in the water so you were push in nearly 8ft wide oh ull thru the water..once you planed and got air under them they were fine..the low attitude caused a major problem if weather got real rough cause if you couldn't do 16knots or better to stay on plane you were dead in the water with nose down low and unable to travel..i can attest to this years ago after being stuck at broughton for four days..after fishin out of varies cats my pick would be alloy broadbill...they float with tunnel 14/18 inches above water and handle great..slightly lighter for towing and work with slightly smaller engines..old blunt nose 20ft broady with 90hp mercs  flew and wasn't heavy on fuel...rick

On 2/6/2018 at 12:37 PM, rickmarlin62 said:

original sharkcats in that size had the problem that when trolling they sat so low to the water not being on the plane the bottom of the tunnel sat in the water so you were push in nearly 8ft wide oh ull thru the water..once you planed and got air under them they were fine..the low attitude caused a major problem if weather got real rough cause if you couldn't do 16knots or better to stay on plane you were dead in the water with nose down low and unable to travel..i can attest to this years ago after being stuck at broughton for four days..after fishin out of varies cats my pick would be alloy broadbill...they float with tunnel 14/18 inches above water and handle great..slightly lighter for towing and work with slightly smaller engines..old blunt nose 20ft broady with 90hp mercs  flew and wasn't heavy on fuel...rick

Rick i saw a 2000 marlin broadbill5.5mt single motor 90hp for sale whats your thoughts on this size and set up  cheers Murray

websters only go to a 5.0mtr as far as I know..they arnt for sale very often anyway...broadys with singles work..but you lose the maneuverability of twins...best bet if price is right take it for a run..if you like it you will know if its what you want..you cant tell by lookin at em...rick