Peter Nelson

Port Stephens

Recommended Posts

they need a license and permit to use a seine net for bait..if they don't have it they wont net there cause the fines are huge...rick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rickmarlin62 said:

they need a license and permit to use a seine net for bait..if they don't have it they wont net there cause the fines are huge...rick

I was just curious about them anchoring there because that area of the marine park I’m pretty sure is “no anchoring”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

I was just curious about them anchoring there because that area of the marine park I’m pretty sure is “no anchoring”.

Not sure how accurate this picture is .

Grabbed it off the internet.

Looks like anchoring is band if the lines are hatched not just straight. 

Screenshot_20180207-195523.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peter Nelson said:

Not sure how accurate this picture is .

Grabbed it off the internet.

Looks like anchoring is band if the lines are hatched not just straight. 

Screenshot_20180207-195523.png

Yes! You are correct. I had another look at the chart. Hatched areas only, which means an area near Broughton and one near Seal Rocks. I rarely anchor anyway... I use spot lock on the Minn Kota - saves me pulling up the anchor! All this time though I thought you couldn’t anchor there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      62,737
    • Total Posts
      498,627