Yamaha 60 hp

Omally

Hi guys I'm curious to have some sort of insight as to what my cooling passages and stuff  look like so I'm going to change my thermostat while I'm at it .....would anyone have torque specs as to what I should nip em back up to,  its a Yamaha 60 hp 2 stroke 04 model also does this particular model have an internal anode 

Was going to do the impeller but that was only done a year ago says the receipt  that should be still good hey pumps heaps of water and the guy reckons he always used saltaway

Cheers omally 

Edited by Omally

I just cleaned out my thermo housing and cover two weeks ago..i lightly scraped away the little bit of build up in there and discovered my poppet valve was stuck..which I freed up and cleaned lubed and re fitted..i don't know if your model has it...im not sure on actual tension as I just firm by hand..being s/steel in alloy you cant go to errol or you will strip threads....rick

1 hour ago, rickmarlin62 said:

I just cleaned out my thermo housing and cover two weeks ago..i lightly scraped away the little bit of build up in there and discovered my poppet valve was stuck..which I freed up and cleaned lubed and re fitted..i don't know if your model has it...im not sure on actual tension as I just firm by hand..being s/steel in alloy you cant go to errol or you will strip threads....rick

Yep no worries rick had a bit of a look around doesn't seem mines got one ?  

3 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

32 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

sweet one less thing to play up   though yammies don't play up  haha

Haha yeah that's what I was thinking... Nah everything's OK just wanna check it out first hand... Did you use any gasket glue or just straight back on   I got some crc copper head gasket spray  can be used on everything waterpumps etc 

Edited by Omally

Just took my thermostat out was stuck open thank God ummm alot of build up of salt silt etc... I'm going to change the impeller now also after seeing this  is it worth taking the cylinder head cover off would I be able to get much of the crap out? Was going to take it off and try also replacing gaskets... 

Edited by Omally

Actually it's not the head gasket the water jacket not sure what it's called directly under the thermostat... Dunno if you had a Lil bit of crap in there might just do the same clean what I can I might just do the water pump / impeller and thermostat... Think it might even be the exhaust plate that'd be of no use ummm yeah don't want to go digging around for a problem  when it's going OK just a thermostat replacement and impeller 

Edited by Omally

Had heating issues yday  have taken thermo out to get back to ramp but siren still came on and water pressure is low from telltale   i replaced impellor 4 weeks ago and wasnt sure bout cond of pump housing so im goin to replace it this week and that should solve problem...rick

Yep never ending with boats if you want em in good reliable order... Yeah I'm changing my impeller I'll check the housing,  mines more preventative measures wanna see condition of  the oil seals to... Going to change the lower leg oil etc check for water it's coming up to  its 100 service so going to give her a good going over