Kingys

Kingyjohn

where is your location and what action are you using with the popper brother? try big sweeps with the rod when retrieving really get that topwater rippling :) Solid size eel but! how was the take?

Edited by CJay

30 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

somehow I don't think you will get kingys swimming 110kms upstream into the fresh...a bit ambitious I would say.....bahahahaa       at least you will have a few lookin..lol   hows the bass doin up there at the moment mate.????...rick

Have to agree its not a place for Kingfish

57 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

somehow I don't think you will get kingys swimming 110kms upstream into the fresh...a bit ambitious I would say.....bahahahaa       at least you will have a few lookin..lol   hows the bass doin up there at the moment mate.????...rick

Ricks bang on the money mate 110km upstream very unlikely

also, overhead reel not the best for casting lures i know i would be untangling birds nests every second cast haha maybe try an egg eater with braid line and mono leader

Edited by GoingFishing

Hi Mate,

Looking at the photo closely I realised the issue could be that you are using an Eel popper rather than a kingfish popper. There are some subtle differences. Have a talk to your local Denman fishing shop as he probably got the wrong batch in. A final check on the lure packet should confirm.

Some nice bass up in your area of the Hunter. Be curious if the Megabass (their words) of Glenbawn dam would take a popper of that size.

D.

PS. Thanks for giving me a really good laugh this morning.

Edited by DerekD
  • Like 1

Try fishing off rocky headlands or deep water near weed or break walls for kings, while there can be kings cruisin up estuaries they much prefer what I stated up there ^.

P.s. stickbaits might work better as a surface lure for kings.

Edited by Miketheangler