Patonga Creek tomorrow morning

TK01

21 hours ago, sam bros said:

If I saw this earlier, I would of tried to come

How did you end up going?

Had an action packed session actually.  Plenty of bream, EP's and flatties in the creek at the moment.  Biggest problem was pulling the bream and EP's away from the oyster racks.  I landed a few but lost plenty more.

• Like 1

Started with 6lb leader and went up to 10lb.  The challenge was that the fish would pull the kayak over to the lease and before you know it I've drifted over the top of the lease that the fish went under.  Not a good scenario!

I made a small anchor and rope and had a line attached to rear handle of yak for spots like that..if wind or current will hold in right direction I anchor up with nose facing where I want to throw...saves trying to do the one handed retarded paddling effort...hahaha...rick

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

I made a small anchor and rope and had a line attached to rear handle of yak for spots like that..if wind or current will hold in right direction I anchor up with nose facing where I want to throw...saves trying to do the one handed retarded paddling effort...hahaha...rick

That's a great idea Rick, thanks.  I've been trying to think how I can get around the issue.  Those pedal kayaks make sense but your solution is very practical.

• Thanks 1