Urgent help required

raging

I usually come home wash my hands with hand soap, clean the boat so they are in the water again.   Clean hands, fillet fish clean hands again.   Shower and scrub my nails and hands, under nails  and between fingers with a nail brush then wash my hair and use my fingers for that too.  

When I put the boat away I open up all the compartments and that to try and get them all dry and clean.   But forget one prawn or pilchard bit and well you know the story.   

1 hour ago, Welster said:

I usually come home wash my hands with hand soap, clean the boat so they are in the water again.   Clean hands, fillet fish clean hands again.   Shower and scrub my nails and hands, under nails  and between fingers with a nail brush then wash my hair and use my fingers for that too.  

Al that for fishy fingers, scrubbing and cleaning?

What happens if you have smelly jatz crackers, do you do all that scrubbing and cleaning?     :lol::lol::lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yowie said:

Al that for fishy fingers, scrubbing and cleaning?

What happens if you have smelly jatz crackers, do you do all that scrubbing and cleaning?     :lol::lol::lol:

My sense of smell is crap.  So I wouldn’t know if I smell bad.  

The jatz crackers I’d rather .... well I better not say

Edited by Welster

41 minutes ago, raging said:

I had smelly jatz crackers once, Doctor gave me an ointment 

When I was younger I spent much of my time building during the week ( hardwood stains the hands) and working on cars of a weekend and hitting nightclubs at night. 

This particular day I decided to clean my hands using OMO washing powder as I had many other days.  Scrubbed the hands half way up my arms all good.  I hit the local nightclub that had those irradecant UV lights.   As soon as I walked in my hands were glowing white.  I hastily retreated settling for drinking in the sports bar.

• Haha 1

I use Fast Orange hand cleaner and then rub them on the stainless steel sink, Stainless is meant to get rid of smells like fish and onions.

p.s that’s part of the reason i fish Catch and release, I don’t know how to fillet and hate the smell of fish in the house.

Edited by jeffb5.8

6 minutes ago, jeffb5.8 said:

I use Fast Orange hand cleaner and then rub them on the stainless steel sink, Stainless is meant to get rid of smells like fish and onions.

p.s that’s part of the reason i fish Catch and release, I don’t know how to fillet and hate the smell of fish in the house.

Yeah I've heard that stainless steel works never tried it they used to sell em like Lil cakes of stainless steel cakes of soap... Hope the ointment worked OK for your condition raging ?

3 hours ago, jeffb5.8 said:

If the wife found out I had a legal kingfish & didn't bring it home, she'd fillet me. I do need to lift my filleting game though - pretty ordinary at it.

12 hours ago, raging said:

If the wife found out I had a legal kingfish & didn't bring it home, she'd fillet me. I do need to lift my filleting game though - pretty ordinary at it.

Maybe we need a Fishraider filleting course, nothing worse than hacking a perfectly good fish up, that's why I love flathead, easy fillet and no bones.

29 minutes ago, jeffb5.8 said:

Maybe we need a Fishraider filleting course, nothing worse than hacking a perfectly good fish up, that's why I love flathead, easy fillet and no bones.

Yeah, I’ve hacked my share of fish up. A good quality, sharp, knife helps. My last few trips the knives had dulled a bit so I put them across a sanding belt. Much better but not perfect. So, I bought a new knife and also dugout my 30+ year old knife (fairly cheap from memory). The new knife is longer and a bit stiffer, so is good for larger fish with tough bones to cut through. The old knife is nice and flexible and holds its edge well. I used to use it when working as a kitchen hand/ larder cook back in the 80s. Definitely my favourite knife... out of retirement! ?

One thing... I launched at Shoal Bay last trip for a quicker run to and from Broughton Island. However, the cleaning table at Shoal is just too high for me. I’m sure blue 5’5” (at a pinch) and the table is nearly at chest height for me. Might have to carry a step stool!

?

Ok let’s hijack this thead

where does the water come from for the cleaning tables?

Is it sea water or fresh water?

if it’s sea water I used Rydalmere boat ramp on the Parra river and I don’t want my nice fresh ocean fish washed with Parra river water and everyone tells me not to use fresh water, guess I will have to either clean on the water or bring a bucket of sea water back as well.