Prawning again

frankS

I'm heading down to lake Wollumboola for another feed of prawns, I believe the lake is landlocked so tides won't play a big part in the catch so doesn't really
matter what time I get there as long as it's dark.
Prawns on the menu tomorrow if all goes well.

Frank

3 hours ago, Green Hornet said:

Good luck :D

Thanks. It was tough going, only 2 other cars in the car park when I got there, just after dark, and one of the guys said " It's going to be hard out there tonight ", he was right the wind was up and probably wrong tide. It appears that the entrance is open as it was tidal  and very muddy and slippery on the banks . Still had a great time and ended up with about 1 kilo of good sized prawns, I didn't leave till 12.30 so took around 3 hours hard work to get the kilo.

I will go again next dark moon and that will be it for this season.

Frank

3 hours ago, frankS said:

Thanks. It was tough going, only 2 other cars in the car park when I got there, just after dark, and one of the guys said " It's going to be hard out there tonight ", he was right the wind was up and probably wrong tide. It appears that the entrance is open as it was tidal  and very muddy and slippery on the banks . Still had a great time and ended up with about 1 kilo of good sized prawns, I didn't leave till 12.30 so took around 3 hours hard work to get the kilo.

I will go again next dark moon and that will be it for this season.

Frank

Is the lake open, as I heard from a mate that has a house down that a way, that the entrance is still closed, but the lake is very low.

There wasn't a lot of run in the water so perhaps the entrance is still blocked, the banks are very slippery so I took that as tide run out or lots of rain during the day, but who knows, didn't see the entrance as it was dark when I got there.

Frank