Not what we planned for

JonD

All I can say is that for me, restricted to mostly to bay fishing ( & not very successful at that, yet), your reports offer a window into a world I can only aspire to & therefore are truly appreciated.

And this has to one of your best! Thanks again for sharing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ledge said:

That is awesome. I love how you can only fit half the fish in the frame!

I used to have wide angle lenses but just use a compact these days which only goes as wide as 24mm. I did try to get a shot with my daughters ultrawide underwater camera gear but Unfortunatly the quick release wide angle released as I hung over the side of the boat and is now in 250m of water, $ 1500 worth :(

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, CJay said:

Fish of a lifetime right there! Stoked you released this fella i cant stand when people take fish this size and so beautiful :D

Without my daughter here to quote me some exact figures, the taking of the odd marlin isn't such a bad thing as the striped is pretty good to eat, especially smoked. We haven't ever kept one but we do often get a chunk from other people.

Similar to dolphin fish they grow very fast, so not some old timer like a 35cm bream etc. The numbers really seem to be very good too with many boats tagging multiple fish each day. Like you I don't like seeing them killed as they look so spectacular but I do have to just say to myself they are food like anything else we kill to eat.

• Like 1