Broughton Island 9/3/18

TK01

Hi guys

After my last Broughton Island adventure was cancelled due to the weather, I'm penciling in the diary for another attempt, camping at the island on Friday 9/3 and Saturday 10/3.

None of my friends are available for a fish, they're honestly just not as keen as me, so it's time to try to find some new fishing buddies.  I'm quite happy fishing on my own and do this regularly but it feels a little irresponsible to go somewhere so far away from help for the weekend by myself.

Looking to see if there's anybody else that might want to come along in their own boat to camp and keep an eye out for each other basically.  Can keep in touch on the radio and help each other find fish too!

It will be weather dependent for me as my boat is a 5m aluminium centre console.

Cheers

• Like 1

I’ll be on holidays for 3 weeks in March from around then but have family visiting that weekend, dammit! I would love to do an overnight trip to Broughton with another boat for company. My boat’s only a 4.5m side console but I think I can make room for a swag!

Just now, Berleyguts said:

I’ll be on holidays for 3 weeks in March from around then but have family visiting that weekend, dammit! I would love to do an overnight trip to Broughton with another boat for company. My boat’s only a 4.5m side console but I think I can make room for a swag!

That wouldn't be a problem!  I've done a few weekend camping trips in my boat and it does get very full if there's 2 on board.  With just 1 it will cut down on a fair bit of stuff so you wouldn't have any trouble.  Pity you can't make it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rickmarlin62 said:

I sleep in boat..have phobia of it drifting away during night...and I don't get wet before daylight getn back into it..lol...rick

That's my least favourite part of camping there, the swim out in the dark... 

39 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

you can see rellos anytime baz  but   you cant always go to broughton...bahahaha

No, this has been a long time in the planning. A big group and the wife has lots of things planned. I’ll have plenty of time to fish mid week.

1 hour ago, Berleyguts said:

Not my rellos... the wife’s... her cousins... I actually like them. They’ve booked a big house round the corner... should be a blast! No driving for me!

Fake injury! You know what time their do is so go the hours in between! :D

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

Lol! Thursday to Sunday already committed! I could just go but I’ll never hear the end of it! Happy wife... happy life!

Agh your a soft baz! I like the saying, “treat em mean, keep em keen!” But please don’t tell my wife I said that! :blink:

• Haha 2

Quick update. 

I now have 2 mates coming with me.  There's probably room for more on the camp site if anyone wants to join us, just let me know.

Now we wait until closer to the date to see what the weather's going to do.....