Blackfish fishing mentor needed

trigunner54

Hi Raiders, my name is William, I am located in the Eastern suburbs and want to improve/ learn Blackfish fishing from a mentor who would be willing to help me out.

I have fished for a couple years now and I have done blackfish fishing before in the past, not really successful on the rocks but had relative success on the wharves, however i feel like I have a lot to learn still. I would be able to travel around Sydney to fish (eastern rocks or north to Balmain areas/ down south) and i do provide my own gear but not the green weed bait (All previous places i got from has disappeared). I would also only be available on the weekends since I am just starting uni now.

Additionally, any information that would help me such as locations/ spots would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou very much. :)

• 2 months later...

Got all your safety gear mate?

What gear are you running and where are you usually fishing for Luderick ? I'm chasing drummer this winter on the eastern rocks and Luderick is a common by catch. Welcome to join me if and I'll give you a few tips.

For weed and cabbage, I usually get mine from Kurnell or Yarra Bay. There is plenty there on the lower end of the tide.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man, thanks for the reply, I haven't really targeted luderick or drummer of the rocks, but if you are willing to take me, ill definitely come. Safety gear, I'm ok with buying cleats and a life jacket.  Gear wise, I normally use a 10 foot 2 , 3-5Kg spinning rod on a float

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...