Reel for light gear

Idreamoffishing

Hi guys,

I’m looking for reels to match the below rods;

NS black hole avenger 7ft 6-12lb

Shimano anarchy 7ft4’ 4-8kg

I suppose these will be for light-med eatuary fish - bream, whitting, flatty etc. I’m sure the Shimano can tackle heavier fish if happen to hook them.

I’m not looking to spend too much on these reels. Budget around $50-$100.

Thanke in advance for any tips and recommendations.

I just picked up a Daiwa rz4000c for $50 in a bargain box at my local tackle store. 

The Shimano Sienna's are extremely good value, they are also on one of the sponsors sites with free postage "Dinga". There are plenty of bargains on the dinga site if you just click the link at the top of the page.

On 25/02/2018 at 12:04 PM, JonD said:

I just picked up a Daiwa rz4000c for $50 in a bargain box at my local tackle store. 

The Shimano Sienna's are extremely good value, they are also on one of the sponsors sites with free postage "Dinga". There are plenty of bargains on the dinga site if you just click the link at the top of the page.

You're liking the Daiwa? Sometimes I try to match the reel with similar calibre, but may not be neccessary? i.e. I suppose there is nothing wrong with getting a $50 reel with a $200+ rod. At the end of the day with that class of fish its not going to exceed any reel/drag capacity?

On 25/02/2018 at 12:21 PM, Aardvarking said:

I would see if you can find a used 2500 Stradic on Gumtree for the Shimano rod. I got one for 100 bucks in good condition, balances my 6'6" 5-10kg Shimano Jewel perfectly. Because that rod is longer you might need a 4000 though.

Good point. Good'ol gumtree. Just didn't think the stradic is within my budget  :)

Thanks for the tip.