Kingies On the Flats??

KingieRun

Paddling around middle harbour in the yak and in one of the bays at the back where it was mostly sand flats, I saw fishing busting up frequently. One fish would bust up then 10 or 20 would follow. I tried chucking paddle tails at them but nothing. I don't know about the species involved but could anyone give me an idea of what they could have been?

Cheers,

KR

No doubt Kings would have been there. Try pulsing the plastic to a rythym. Like they do on TV jigging. Paddle tail should work. I use Flick Baits on a Microjigging rod as has great action. Cast out and let lure drop, pulse up then let drop and do again. I often get hook ups directly below the boat. 

If no Kings and only trevally, use a small micro jig and change the jig action until they strike every time. 

Hi Guys;

Just a suggestion.

When whatever the fish seen are finicky like that a one inch S.P. in clear with a blue fleck has been successful for me.

Might have to hunt around to find them though.

Also of course , light jig heads and line.

Cheers.

Oldfella.:D

I agree. Frigates. They were smashing the bait schools over the flats in Salamander Bay last week. I sometimes pick them up on a small plastic or a very small metal slug (or a white barrel sinker running on  a treble). Great fun on 1kg line!

Edited by Berleyguts