Cod

Kingyjohn

33 minutes ago, Kingyjohn said:

Hey guys any of you be able to help out as I was hoping to get my first cod but wasn’t really sure where to target them as I know there out west but I was wondering where the closest place would be as I live in Singleton 

cheers kingyJohn

Hi Kingyjohn, nearest to you would probably be the Macquarie River in the Wellington /Dubbo region and Burrendong Dam or Lake Windamere near to Mudgee. It can be a bit of an ordeal learning to catch them but there's an article in the fishing article section which may offer some help. Good luck and if all else fails head down my way and I'll put you on to some. Good luck bn

20lb is fine..mate there are hundreds of lures.....spinnerbaits in bright green/yellow or purple/black are standouts..you can pik up stumpjumpers from kmart cheap   they work  same colours.....search cod  in the search section and suss some of my reports  there are fotos showing some of the colours that work for me...rickpost-39524-0-63118700-1468294210_thumb.jpg20170628_102117.thumb.jpg.49c900a274d0a1e18188d769562dad31.jpg

• Like 1

Come to Tamworth mate.upstream of the town is doing well at the moment towards chaffey dam. Ive been using savage ninja frogs about 1-2 hours before dark. Use Google maps mate,ask a farmer if can fish on there property, most are good blokes and enjoy fishing too.good luck mate, the surface strike is unforgettable and has me hooked after years fishing the salt

cod

Resized_20180204_221731_5135.jpeg

Edited by scottyboy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, scottyboy said:

Come to Tamworth mate.upstream of the town is doing well at the moment towards chaffey dam. Ive been using savage ninja frogs about 1-2 hours before dark. Use Google maps mate,ask a farmer if can fish on there property, most are good blokes and enjoy fishing too.good luck mate, the surface strike is unforgettable and has me hooked after years fishing the salt

cod

Resized_20180204_221731_5135.jpeg

Beautiful pattern on that Cod Scottyboy. Can you give more information on the "lure" used? Cheers, bn

• Like 1

At the moment mate they all seem to have a beautiful pattern, there not big fish by any mean but super aggressive. Theres flow in the peel river and it looks really healthy. Whether its dam realise or the occasion storm in the catchment area thats turning one i don't know. The lures are surface oones from a camping and fishing store. There weedless so they won't get hung up on tree branches and logs .the best colours seem to be black body ,yellow sides,white under carriage. Hope this helps mate.ill admit ive got cod fever ,it has become an addiction mate,just ask my wife. Let me know how you go?

• Like 2

On 2/27/2018 at 9:57 PM, rickmarlin62 said:

20lb is fine..mate there are hundreds of lures.....spinnerbaits in bright green/yellow or purple/black are standouts..you can pik up stumpjumpers from kmart cheap   they work  same colours.....search cod  in the search section and suss some of my reports  there are fotos showing some of the colours that work for me...rickpost-39524-0-63118700-1468294210_thumb.jpg20170628_102117.thumb.jpg.49c900a274d0a1e18188d769562dad31.jpg

Hey Rick, I love your shirt, Neil

2 hours ago, MainframeJames said:

Shops have them in the same area as the mouse/rat/duck/bat imitations. Some also come with bibs. 

They are the bomb. Only problem is that the cod tend to deep throat them which means delicate surgery for speedy release and recovery, and also cod fingers. Zoom in on my right hand index finger and you will see what i mean. Just another of the many symptoms of cod fever. 

Cheers  Scotty