Roseville Boat Ramp

fiwsh

Hey Fishraider

First time posting so please understand

Im planning to go to Roseville Boat Ramp for the first time this weekends and would like tips for this place.

What do you normally catch there and what would be the best bait, rig, lure, etc?

Would spinning metals work there?

G'day mate, if you have deep enough water, there should be a chance for kings, bonito and trevs. Try the first hour of the incoming high tide all the way through till it starts to lower. What gear are you using?

A float since the floor is covered with oysters with a prawn and berley. Throwing lures to see if there are any pelagics around. Does the tide amtter a lot here or can i just go during sunrise or sunset

On 05/03/2018 at 4:47 PM, procro said:

G'day mate, if you have deep enough water, there should be a chance for kings, bonito and trevs. Try the first hour of the incoming high tide all the way through till it starts to lower. What gear are you using?

10 hours ago, fiwsh said:

A float since the floor is covered with oysters with a prawn and berley. Throwing lures to see if there are any pelagics around. Does the tide amtter a lot here or can i just go during sunrise or sunset

Ideally you want to around sunrise and sunset because they're most active then but I had most luck with them during the run in and run out of the high. If the water is deep enough the tide doesn't really matter because they only chase the bait around so its just being at the right place at the right time.  What type of lure are you using? Instead of the prawn try half pillies on a larger hook they seem more preferable for pelagics .

Its a long way up the system for consistant pelagics-under the right conditions you might pick the odd king or bonito up- this time of the year would be most likely best bet. I caught an amalco jack (high fin amberjack ) off a bust up coming back in from offshore one afternoon a few years ago- and I certainly see plenty of bait early mornings when i leave the ramp- but as a consistant pelagic spot - nah

8 hours ago, procro said:

Ideally you want to around sunrise and sunset because they're most active then but I had most luck with them during the run in and run out of the high. If the water is deep enough the tide doesn't really matter because they only chase the bait around so its just being at the right place at the right time.  What type of lure are you using? Instead of the prawn try half pillies on a larger hook they seem more preferable for pelagics .

Im using hard and soft plastic and metal lures. The fishing on the ramp isnt allowed im pretty sure. Saw birds and baitfish jumping around on the opposite side of the river and couldnt cast that far.

Edited by fiwsh
Typo

Fish around either side of the bridge pylons on a tide change at dawn or dusk with large soft plastics. It will take time to work out, but there are jew there. No oysters on the bottom & forget the prawn & burley.

On ‎9‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 6:58 PM, fiwsh said:

Im using hard and soft plastic and metal lures. The fishing on the ramp isnt allowed im pretty sure. Saw birds and baitfish jumping around on the opposite side of the river and couldnt cast that far.

For spinning metals you would want a 9 foot 6 to 10 foot graphite/carbon fibre rod. About 20-30lbs braid and leader and 4500 + reel size. With SPs it'll be harder to get pelagics, youre more likely to get Jewies or larger flatties. Give it a go