Kid safe. Land Based Eastern suburbs

Jellyjam

Hi all. First time poster. 

Site seems full of good advice and good vibes. 

my 7 yr old has been keen to do a bit of fishing and we are in Little Bay (eastern suburbs) 

As we still boatless could anyone recommend somewhere safe for kids thats landbased anywhere within cooee of us. 

Happy to drive a bit. Just not sure where's good. 

We've tried around La Perouse. Browns rock et al but still a bit sketchy for my liking with the little guy. 

Is it worth trying down around Yarra Bay? The breakwall is a bit tricky for little feet but maybe the beach?

Any advice or spots would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Pete

I was in the same boat as you 3 years ago.

The wharf suggestion is on the money but understand crowded ones can be tough.

Flats are a good alternative if he's happy to get his feet wet. Just wear appropriate footwear (stingrays).

We tried: flats at San Souci (in front of the St George sailing club), there's even a wharf just near the bridge.

Gunamatta flats in Cronulla is great at low tide as you can walk out near the channel: my son used to be keep interested by feeding the whiting (berley) & occasionally Bonnies  would cut through the schools in front of us providing even more interest.

Yarra bay from the beach is safe but might be a bit quite fish wise for your son. He can wade / swim there too.

Make sure to berley lots to keep things interesting!