First fishing boat

Jellyjam

Hi all. Getting into the posting now!

After a few good options from some of the guys on here re land based sposts around eastern suburbs, I am thinking maybe I should get my first boat!

Does anyone have any opinions on a stessco squire 385 as a first boat (just for the bay etc) for my 2 lads and I?

Cheers in advance

pete

My first boat was a 12 ft savage with 4hp Johnson on the back, got it before I got my car licence and had to have my brother in law tow it to the ramp and pick me up at a set time, I have had about 30 different boats since then ranging from 10 ft punt to 32 ft cruiser and many in between. Now back to doing up an old 14ft Brooker.

Your first boat will always have fond memories for you as the years go by, don't rush into buying the first thing you see and be sure it's what you want/need for the time, it won't be your last boat.

Frank

A 14 footer with a 30 on the back will do almost anything using a bit of commonsense. Light to tow and push around , skinny water deep water , no worries. Heaps on the market . Ive got a quintrex busta 420 ( my second , shouldnt have sold the first one) Best boat ever !  Go a four stroke if you can .quite and not smelly.