Jervis Bay Kings as well

The Rev

Like Tdogz,

ive been out in JB fishing for Kings the past week.  Caught a heap of rats between 50-64cm (25 sent back to grow bigger) and just one keeper at 68cm.  Most fish were caught on fresh  squid I caught each morning.  Even though they weren’t big - they can still pull hard!

Here is what happens when you put a green king in the boat when you have forgotten to put the lid back on the chicken pellets used to burley up yakkas!

The marine life is quite amazing down here.  Having court enough smaller kings I thought go big or go home and I had just rigged this squid whole and had it in the water at the back of the motor as I was attaching it to the Downrigger when a huge seal came and ate the whole thing while managing to avoid a 6/0 live bait hook and large stinger treble!

Edited by The Rev

Can't give seals any opportunity to ruin your plans...they NEVER miss a trick. Catching squid and feeling the (as described) awesome power of a Kingfish, as you try to wrestle it to the boat. These experiences are very high on my bucket list. One day, hopefully? bn

3 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Nice work rev! Kings at any size give a good account of themselves. Your floor looks how mine does after I’ve taken the kids out for the day! Haha! :blink:

cheers scratchie!!! 

I was thinking the same thing, except my kids think going in the boat is all about eating, so I have chips and biscuits crumbs all over the floor.

• Like 1

If the Kings are not at Pt. Perp .... head towards Currarong, to a place called "Devils George" ....

Troll or live bait about 50 -90 metres away from the platform !!!!   Big Kingies, used to live there ....

Oh, and Hang On !!!

Great_White

9 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

I hate those fish stealing mongrel seals....ive got enough tanning solution to make a 100ltr batch...nice floor rug maybe....rick

I remember fishing the ANSA Narooma comp way back. In the chatter over the radio comes, “I’m fighting a seal on 50. What do I do?” The response was, “This is Greenpeace! CUT... IT... OFF!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Great_White said:

If the Kings are not at Pt. Perp .... head towards Currarong, to a place called "Devils George" ....

Troll or live bait about 50 -90 metres away from the platform !!!!   Big Kingies, used to live there ....

Oh, and Hang On !!!

Great_White

Thanks - unfortunately I think the weather will beat me.  I’m in a 4.2m quintrex renegade.  Good for when it is calm but the seas have been too rough this week with constant onshore south to south east winds ?.

i will have to wait till next time!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

I remember fishing the ANSA Narooma comp way back. In the chatter over the radio comes, “I’m fighting a seal on 50. What do I do?” The response was, “This is Greenpeace! CUT... IT... OFF!”

Haha - that was my worry that he would hook up