Darwin in April - Recommendations for fishing trip

macca02

Looking at going to Darwin mid April for a week, hoping to get away for a half-full day charter.

After a small charter (e.g. tinny, not a huge boat with 15 people) to go on with my girlfriend to chase barramundi inshore. Tarpon and other species would also be awesome, though i'm not sure what to expect up there in April.

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations or experiences? Understand if specific charter operators can't be named, if so please just PM Me.

Cheers!

Hi Macca,

April is right in the middle of the peak runoff fishing for barra in Darwin.  The place comes alive with southern fishos and as such, most guides are booked up 6 - 12 months in advance,so may be hard to find someone to take you out.  If you google Darwin boat hire there are a few options to take yourself.  I will pm you a company that hires a 7m stabi craft which you can self drive or have a skipper take you out, they may be available.  Good luck and hope you catch that metre barra...........

Dave

A mate of mine flew up last week and had a fantastic time with an operator.

Normally he takes his own boat as he's a very experienced angler, so for him to recommend them they must be ok.

Edited by mrsswordfisherman
JON PM THE POSTER PLEASE