HDS Carbon

Bloggsy

I am trying to update my HDS Carbon to the latest software but unlike my Gen3 when I install the micro SD card there is no memory card left/right come up on the file menu screen. Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing?

I did up date my Carbon via wi-fi but the other problem is that the unit wont load my Navonics because it wont read the micro sd card. So as per Smashers suggestion I contacted Lowrance who were extremely helpful and after the technician guided me through some tests and resets over the phone with no success it was concluded that my unit has a faulty card reader. 

So the unit was posted off to Navico on Monday for assessment and repair or replacement.

I will let you know the outcome.   

• 2 weeks later...

I have always had Lowrance gear and this is the first time that I have ever had an issue. All I can say is that my experience with Navico has been excellent. I posted off my faulty unit on Monday 26/3/18 with their emailed paperwork and received an email Thursday 5/4/18 to say that they were sending me a replacement unit which arrived by courier the following afternoon. This was of course over the Easter period.The new unit is working faultlessly and now reds the SD card it is all installed and updated with the new fish reveal ready to go so I am very happy

• Like 1

When you do get the update it's a good one. I dont have the carbon but gen 3 hds 12 and the down scan new discrimination function reduces clutter and defines stronger signals in a different colour exceptionally well. Instead of blobs of big bait balls I now see individual fish clearly and have had no problem get straight onto kingfish on my last two trips from the update. Looking forward to searching out some snapper with the new function.

3 hours ago, Bloggsy said:

Hi JonD do you find yourself using the down scan more than the regular sonar now with the Fish Reveal or are you running a split screen between the two?

I've got the screen split in three at the moment, one as chart and the other two as sonars. The fish reveal is certainly impressing me but I like to see how it used to look with the traditional sonar, where I could quite easely drop the old style and probably  will at some point. I haven't tried it in deep water as I've just been chassing kings in water out to 70m so far.

I also believe I'm getting better results than in that demo video.