There is a PLOT afoot!

4 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

tell him to get out the big surface walker I sent him that ll stir em up...rick

been using it Rick. Only a matter of time and effort before we get a result. Great action...watch this space. bn

7 hours ago, Jewdreamer said:

My first time, should be really embarrsing!

I thing neil has got it covered, 

I might need to bring gelignite

Don't forget the grenades, plenty of food, carton of stubbies and the case of wine. Oh, better bring some fishing gear too. bn

• Haha 1

On 3/29/2018 at 5:04 AM, big Neil said:

Don't forget the grenades, plenty of food, carton of stubbies and the case of wine. Oh, better bring some fishing gear too. bn

So Jewdreamer (aka "stuff up record holder") finally arrived at my place to go fishing. He was very late and full of excuses, like the generator blew up and they had to get another one (as if). Anyway, benefit of the doubt, here's a picture of him arriving into my back yard.IMG_9560rs.thumb.jpg.23d8703a224ba07a0d34f6ecc8945d73.jpg

I must admit one thing...he certainly looked the part. He had one of these suave, city slicker angling shirts on and a rod and reel that were last seen in the movie JAWS. Being the kindly country dude that I am, I let it ride without comment.5ac6986468e82_IMG_0231(2).thumb.JPG.86b9a1ed4220893b920e949a10d2895b.JPG

After some pleasantries, we headed to the river where the water level was LOW and the current was NIL. Talk about being ill-prepared, he'd also forgotten the carton of beer and the case of wine. I thought to myself "this city slicker has no idea how hot it gets out here, we'll probably die of thirst and be found drifting around, in a few months time". So I let that ride too. Undeterred we launched the boat into the shallows and set of to the Murrumbidgee FADS.

More to follow...WATCH THIS SPACE.  (Over to you city slicker) bn

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Grenades, gelignite - I can see part 2 of Henry Lawson's humorous short story "The Loaded Dog" coming out in the near future. If any Fishraiders haven't read it then worth picking it up.

BTW how does catch and release work with grenades or gelignite?? Do you have to give them mouth to mouth or are they only a bit punch drunk and end up swimming round in circles for a while?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, DerekD said:

Grenades, gelignite - I can see part 2 of Henry Lawson's humorous short story "The Loaded Dog" coming out in the near future. If any Fishraiders haven't read it then worth picking it up.

BTW how does catch and release work with grenades or gelignite?? Do you have to give them mouth to mouth or are they only a bit punch drunk and end up swimming round in circles for a while?

The Loaded Dog is a great read! It’s also worth listening to Pat Drummond’s song, “Working For The RTA” - a true story about eradicating rabbits by sending one back down a burrow with a stick of gelignite strapped to it. All goes well... until...!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DerekD said:

G'day Derek mate. It works in much the same way as fillet and release, just a tad more messy. bn

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

The Loaded Dog is a great read! It’s also worth listening to Pat Drummond’s song, “Working For The RTA” - a true story about eradicating rabbits by sending one back down a burrow with a stick of gelignite strapped to it. All goes well... until...!

Hey Baz I couldn't find the Pat Drummond video "Working for the RTA"...did find the words though. Must check the library for The Loaded Dog. Cheers, bn

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, big Neil said:

Hey Baz I couldn't find the Pat Drummond video "Working for the RTA"...did find the words though. Must check the library for The Loaded Dog. Cheers, bn

When I get a CD/DVD drive on my computer, I’ll rip a MP3 of it. It’s a great song. Pat is a master storyteller!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

I was Pat Drummond's sound guy for many years, .....how about that!

• Like 2

On 06/04/2018 at 9:01 PM, Jewdreamer said:

I was Pat Drummond's sound guy for many years, .....how about that!

That’s cool!

I like Hector The Rat, about the dissecting of a rat in school...

”I learnt about love in the back of a car,

I learnt about fate from the fall of the cards,

But I learnt about life from the look in the eye of a rat on the chopping block!”

Edited by Berleyguts
  • Like 1

Just now, Berleyguts said:

That’s cool!

I like Hector The Rat, about the dissecting if a rat in school...

”I learnt about love in the back of a car,

I learnt about fate from the fall of the cards,

But I learnt about life from the look in the eye of a rat on the chopping block!”

Pat's brother Ron, the school master was my best mate, been gone 10 years now

I was the sound guy with the flaming red head girl hanging around

The PA system had with painted horn throats.

Grey nurse on fish raider was also in the crew

Cheers

Chris

PS its also Steve Drummond, the drummers birthday today!

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 6:07 PM, big Neil said:

Hi Neil,

As the Henry Lawson story is so old it can be found on the internet if you type in "Loaded dog pdf".

In fact I found the following one which includes illustrations.

https://cpb-ap-southeast-2-juc1ugur1qwqqqo4.stackpathdns.com/global2.vic.edu.au/dist/2/9930/files/2014/10/The-Loaded-Dog-1yuln5m.pdf

File is about 30MB so will take about half a minute or so to download but much quicker than a trip to the library.

Happy reading.

Derek

Edited by DerekD
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1