Cape Byron Busting!

CJay

The past week has been absolutely firing up in the bay, meter long kingfish spotted hunting the shallows under the lighthouse  along with larger model GTs and even the odd Queenfish! Maybe Global warming is playing its part here or something as Queenys dont usually show up round these parts and theres even Amberjack  around that have been caught from the stones! Any ideas why these fish would be here?  The water is still running hot 25+ and some decent ground swell around the bommies , anyone close that wants to get stuck in?

Good reports from the local fishing club too , a little choppy on the way out but the Spanish are still getting around as are the bigger longtails :)

Tight Lines!

Hey mate. That's pretty common for this time of year. Warm currents are still pushing down from the north. We get queenies & AJ's at the Tweed mouth. I've even caught small queenies up the Tweed in M'bah. I'm a bit too old to make the hike down the lighthouse these days, but with this fresh pushing out of the rivers & the right amount of swell running I'm seriously thinking of having a spin for a jew off the north Brunz wall or down south Ballina wall. I know that this is usually a great time of year to get schoolies off north Brunz.